Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What does a girl wear??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Homer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still say wear clothes. they are readily available everywhere and they will cover you up nicely.
The come in various styles, fabrics and colors and have a price range that can suit anyone.

Clothes..buy, wear em...just do it.
Tiger Beer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Homer wrote:
I still say wear clothes. they are readily available everywhere and they will cover you up nicely.

I'm against this.. save your money for beer and other things..
Homer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I certainly sympathise with the Beer argument Tiger...I would venture that some people would prefer have clothes over Beer.
I know, it sounds crazy to me too...
Emma Clare

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fine, I'll use the cash that I was going to use to buy clothing in SK, to get completely rat arsed, and just go naked therefore. Why do guys always have to be such a pain in the butt?? Rolling Eyes

What's an 'average size' in Korea then? In comparison to English or American sizes I mean. If I'm an American size 6, and 5'6" am I going to be O.K for finding clothes then? Korean girls are very petite are they not?

What's the deal with heels too. Are we talking strappy, chunky, pointed toes or rounded? 3" or 5"?

Cheers!

Squaffy: You never PM'd me back. Crying or Very sad How's it all going? Back in Portsmouth?
peppermint

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korean girls aren't that petite. I'm around the same height, and I'm a little taller than average here. The (oh so eighties!) trend of rolling pant legs also works in a tall girls favour.

Korean shoes are usually stillettos or high platforms, once in a while you can find a chunky heel. There's a lot of REALLY UGLY shoes here. Rhinestones are common, extremely long pointy toes are common, ridiculously bright colors. Make sure you've got a comfortable pair of shoes to wear for work. Most teachers don't sit down during class

The major problem most western girls have is in the shirt department. Most Korean girls are relatively flat chested, so be prepared to wear very tight shirts if you've got any sort of b r e a s t s.
Bubbliee

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The comments about finding shirts and bras to fit anything over an A cup has me just a wee bit worried. I think I will be in trouble, I wear a DD cup. Do any of you ladies ever get bras or shirts made there or will I have to rely on people sending me things from Canada? I am planning on coming to Korea in September.
crazylemongirl

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bubbliee wrote:
The comments about finding shirts and bras to fit anything over an A cup has me just a wee bit worried. I think I will be in trouble, I wear a DD cup. Do any of you ladies ever get bras or shirts made there or will I have to rely on people sending me things from Canada? I am planning on coming to Korea in September.

Just bring a years supply of stuff like bras. I did and get to have a 'new bra' every month as I go through my supply. Also find some garment bags so that your delicates don't get murdered by your korean washing machine.

This thread has some pointers on clothes.

CLG
Homer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or...just buy some curtains and drape them over yourself.
Its cheap, cool in the summer and hot in the winter and will let you maeke a fashion statement! Laughing
crazylemongirl

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Homer wrote:
Or...just buy some curtains and drape them over yourself.
Its cheap, cool in the summer and hot in the winter and will let you maeke a fashion statement! Laughing

And you can also win the award for freakist waygook.

CLG
Homer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed crazylemongirl!

Thats an aspect of it I had overlooked...she can win the award hands down and be comfortable at the same time!
The Man known as The Man

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emma Clare wrote:
Fine, I'll use the cash that I was going to use to buy clothing in SK, to get completely rat arsed, and just go naked therefore. Why do guys always have to be such a pain in the butt?? Rolling Eyes

Cheers!

Emma, do you meet a lot of guys who appreciate your backside?

rhetorical
Bubbliee

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having rather large b r e a s t s can be a little difficult at times. I'll bring what I can from home and other than that wear a lot of t-shirts I guess. When you're teaching are you expected to dress up? A t-shirt doesn't sound to dressy to me.
thorin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you want to dress like a korean girl, bring about 10 white skirts and a bunch of t-shirts with konglish nonsense written all over them.
Homer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then again,

You could buy a one person tent. Those are made of sturdy fabric and come in many colors. They even have screens to keep the air flowing inside.
Just toss that on and voila..fashion statement....
Emma Clare

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw around 7 or 8 Korean women at my consulate in London this week. Their shoulders were about two thirds as broad as mine, and the same goes for their hips. They made me feel like a muscle bound shot putter in comparison, even though people tell me I look scrawny at times! Confused

Thanks for all of this. If I hadn't of asked, I would have waited until I got to Korea to do my shopping and then have been stuck for clothes that fitted properly.

Thanks for your suggestions too Homer. Highly entertaining! Very Happy

Am still going to hit the beach in my bikini though! Woo hoo!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: