Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

English language radio station is scheduled to start
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hank Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ratslash wrote:
i actually think the people who run it are morons as they have not realised that there are other english speaking people in seoul who might want to listen to an english radio station and NOT have all that pro-american b***beep* forced up there butt.

I'll wager that most of those "morons" at least capitalize the beginnings of their sentences, wonder boy. Furthermore, since that station is a part of AFN (Armed Forces Network), they cater to American service people. Not Aussies, not Canadians, not Kiwis, and certainly not jackass English teachers that are too lazy to capitalize their own sentences.
dogbert

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hank Scorpio wrote:
ratslash wrote:
i actually think the people who run it are morons as they have not realised that there are other english speaking people in seoul who might want to listen to an english radio station and NOT have all that pro-american b***beep* forced up there butt.

I'll wager that most of those "morons" at least capitalize the beginnings of their sentences, wonder boy. Furthermore, since that station is a part of AFN (Armed Forces Network), they cater to American service people. Not Aussies, not Canadians, not Kiwis, and certainly not jackass English teachers that are too lazy to capitalize their own sentences.

I am a regular listener and cannot think of anything on Armed Forces radio that hits listeners over the head with "America is Best". I suppose that to some people, anything that is not the Boo...Beeb is inherently inferior and biased.
jurassic5

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ratslash wrote:
just because i don't like having the america is best stuff forced down my throat. i actually think the people who run it are morons as they have not realised that there are other english speaking people in seoul who might want to listen to an english radio station and NOT have all that pro-american b***beep* forced up there butt.

According to the American Forces Radio and Television Services official webpage it seems like its main goal and mission is to serve the US service men and women and their families:
Quote:
AFRTS is the American Forces Radio and Television Service. It is part of the Department of Defense, and is headquartered in Alexandria, Virginia. The AFRTS mission is to communicate Department of Defense policies, priorities, programs, goals and initiatives. AFRTS provides stateside radio and television programming, "a touch of home," to U.S. service men and women, DoD civilians, and their families serving outside the continental United States.

source: AFRTS Homepage
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
kangnamdragon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has this station begun broadcasting? What is the frequency?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jeff's Academy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today's Korea Times reported that broadcasting will commence next week, from Monday, September 1. It will air 18 hours of FM stereo programs per day, mostly up to the minute news on traffic conditions, weather and Korea's tourist attractions and culture.
dogbert

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it can only be received in Jejudo, though.
weatherman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dogbert wrote:
I think it can only be received in Jejudo, though.

Korean are the best a providing quality service.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: