Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Summer camp woes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SweetBear

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 6:24 am    Post subject: Summer camp woes Reply with quote

5 weeks of summer camp. No books. From the boss: "Just teach conversation, just talk to them".
These kids are 9- 10 years old. Where do I start?
Please help, any suggestions?
Mody Ba

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 3:01 pm    Post subject: Lordy!Lordy! Reply with quote

Lordy,lordy,you stuck your foot in it this time!Yeah,well,your "boss"cares about the loot he will be making,and nothing else.No big surprise there.How many little urchins have they saddled you with anyway?The mind boggles.I suggest you play a lot of relatively simple games with them.Something not too dangerous and things you can keep control of.After all,it is only babysitting.Again,how many little "students" are we talking about here? Good luck!! Rolling Eyes
SweetBear

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mody Ba, I'll let you know how many kids tonight, today I'm going in blind. Be thinking of me Crying or Very sad
Mody Ba

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 4:50 pm    Post subject: Going in Blind.... Reply with quote

Yeah.Good luck.MB
whatthefunk

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to actually go camping with my kids. 2-3 days, 1-2 nights (not sure yet) of dealing with 200 kids. Im very excited.
SweetBear

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well after specifically being told that I had to teach "just conversation", I was presented with books today. I really couldn't believe it, of course there was no time to prepare the lessons and I had to throw out my lesson plans, but hey, I'll take it. Thanks for your good wishes M.B.
On a less happy note, I'm teaching some 42 lessons per week, there outa be a law against it.
Mody Ba

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 4:04 pm    Post subject: What the ? Reply with quote

Whatthefunk mentions having to go "camping with 200 kids"/Alone?I uh,really,hope you are not the only person "going camping" with them.You might be excited now.Soon you will be exhausted.If that is all,you are lucky.
SweetBear

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rather you than me WTF ! Good luck,
Sb
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: