Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

job offer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kateinkorea

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 11:18 pm    Post subject: job offer Reply with quote

I have just gotten a job offer from a recruitor "Lee's Manpower" for a job at "Topia English zone", aprivate learning institution. Does anyone know of anything good or bad about this school, that they could share with me on or off this forum.

Also any advice. I received a contract but when I asked for e-mail addresses of other people that worked there and more information about the school I was told "You can take time but there are also other applicants who are intersted with
these positions. Its first come first hired.
Theinstitute can hire other applicants too." I received no e-mail addresses with this.
On another angle...I lost all the contents off my computer (:( ) and had to keep telling this company to be patient while I rewrote my resume and scanned all my documtnets while I was in the middle of moving. He may have just been tired of waiting for me.

any input or advice would be appreciated please. It sounds like a good offer other than that.

Thanks
Kate in Korea

Thanks.
the_beaver

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a friend who works at one of the Topia locations -- they're likely all different, but here's his take:

Lots of paperwork. Heavy teaching load.

Not much more. Sorry.
The Cube

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by The Cube on Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
kateinkorea

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I am beginning to think that I made the right choice by not pursuing this any further.

I wrote back back and said that I would look into the process of getting my visa, which would take time, and while I did that they could please get me a few e-mail addresses of people that worked there.

I got an e-mail today from them which completely ignored all of that and was basically the original offer I had gotten as if we had not corresponded at all. So sounds kinda fishy to me.

Thanks for your responses...(on and off line).
Kate
kavaboy25

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I was getting my TESOL BA, our professors told us to ALWAYS get references, and any reputable place will get references from you. I've found that to be very true. If someplace is beating around the bush and not complying with such a reasonable request as the one you made, run. Besides, if they're a decent place where their foreign teachers are happy, they should more than pleased to give you the e-mail addresses.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
kavaboy25

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I was getting my TESOL BA, our professors told us to ALWAYS get references, and any reputable place will get references from you. I've found that to be very true. If someplace is beating around the bush and not complying with such a reasonable request as the one you made, run. Besides, if they're a decent place where their foreign teachers are happy, they should more than pleased to give you the e-mail addresses.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: