Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I lost my passport!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alias

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 3:33 pm    Post subject: I lost my passport! Reply with quote

This happen to anyone before?

Just came under the realization that I have lost my passport. Obviously I am going to contact the Canadian embassy to try and get a replacement as soon as possible. However, I am wondering how difficult and how long will this process be? I'm supposed to be going to Japan for vacation in 18 days. Should I kiss that goodbye?

Of all things to lose..... Sad
kojangee

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well when I lost my passport it took a mere 6 days to get a replacement. But you also need to get a multiple entry visa. So act today!

You MUST go to the cop shop and file a report. Then, take it to the embassy. Once you get your passport get your butt down to immigration and get your passport re-stamped and BRING your letter from the police showing you lost your passport. Tell them you want multiple entry.

Otherwise when you leave Korea, they will take your waygook card.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Alias

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks,

What documents do I need to take to the embassy with me?
erlyn

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never lost my passport before (knock on wood), but I seem to recall reading that if you had an old, expired passport hanging around, that was really helpful in getting a new one issued quickly. I hope you made a copy of your original passport - if not, it's possible that your boss may have a copy on hand. I seem to recall having to send copies when applying for my e-2. Take a copy, along with any photo ID, such as a Canadian Drivers License. Also, your birth certificate will probably be needed.

If you don't have photocopies of all of your documents, make sure you make them. You never know when the copies will come in handy..

Here is the URL for the Canadian Embassy: http://www.korea.gc.ca/consularservice/replacement.e.html
BTM

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both of my last two Canadian passports were gotten at the Seoul office. Piece 'o cake, if you have all your paperwork.
Alias

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for all the help. I should have my new passport within the week. Smile
jajdude

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey I did that too in Taipei. no problems there really. A few days and a little embarrassment later and all was cool. The thing was less than 6 months from expiry anyway. Relax, we all f@@k up now and then! Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: