Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kangnam University, shady summer camp?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thinker

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 7:27 pm    Post subject: Kangnam University, shady summer camp? Reply with quote

Just got the schedule for summer camp the other day and realizedd after looking it over that it had changed, instead of M-F 9-9 and 9-3 on Sat, it's straight through M-Sunday for the first 2 weeks 9-9! The guy that hired me on said that it was changed recently and that I should express my concerns to another person, who I've never heard of.

Anyway I have the contract signed, but it doesn't state the schedule, however I haven't filed it yet with immigration. Anyway this is one of many little bothersome details that keep coming up. . .

Truth is, I don't even think I could go for two weeks straight if i wanted to, and then I'm afraid of when pay day comes they'll keep passing the buck telling me it's this person's or that person's responsibility to pay. . .

Is there anyone else out there going to the summer camp in Yongin/Pochun, through Kangnam University and Esl station? Has anyone done the camp before? Can someone suggest a suitable course of action? I'd pretty much like to write the whole thing off and look for something else, but I hate to sherk a commitment.
waterbaby

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thinker, I say that your first responsbility is to yourself... and your potentional employer is exactly being fair at the moment with the sudden schedule change right at the crucial time of signing the contract.

If this company won't commit in writing to your initially agreed schedule, and in light of their new 9am~9pmfor 14 days straight Shocked , then I think you're leaving yourself wide open for trouble if you sign and handover that contract. You can hear the warning bells... take notice! You mentioned other bothersome things too...

But why not modify the contract and run it by them?

Personally, if you don't give them the contract (or file it with Immigration / whatever) then I don't think you're shirking your responsibilities at all, but rather looking out for yourself which is your first responsibility. Very Happy I hope that makes you feel better!

Sorry, but I don't have any other info on the Yongin/Pochun camp.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: