Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CDI alternatives?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobbyhanlon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:37 am    Post subject: CDI alternatives? Reply with quote

Right now I'm hating my job and I want to do something which will allow me to save plenty of cash between now and going to graduate school next September. I'm strongly contemplating teaching, and I know CDI is one place that might fit the bill, but are there any others of the same ilk that are worth considering?
Thanks..
laogaiguk

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The right public school job. WIth overtime, you can make a killing. If you press hard too, maybe you can work extra hours at a hagwon if you are at a public school too (outside their hours, but the school would probably let it if it doesn't degrade your teaching). Some of the big chains have extra hours available on saturdays too. Still, I wouldn't work for them or CDI, and I wouldn't do the thing I suggested above either Wink Money isn't that important.
Smee

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if you go to a public school in a more rural area, you can pick up lots of extra classes. Often they want to do classes in neighboring towns but there's no foreigner, so you can work a couple extra hours and make, like, 50,000 more a day. And with a public school you could also pick up a block at a hagwon, or maybe you could find a public school that'd let you leave when you're not teaching. Then you could either work a block at a hagwon or take a second full-time job in the evenings.

But CDI is set up to pay by thte hour, right? So no, I don't know anything else that bills itself as that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: