Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cheapest phone card

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yaya

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 1:10 pm    Post subject: Cheapest phone card Reply with quote

I used to use the Miracle prepaid int'l call card. It gave me around 4 1/2 hours of calling the US from Korea for 24,000.

Anyone know of anything cheaper (and good)?
marcy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that's dirt cheap! I thought I got a good deal with 10,000 won for one hour and ten minutes!
waterbaby

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just bought a "World Express" calling card in Itaewon for 13,000 (cover price is 15,000) and it gives me 210 minutes (3.5 hrs) to Canada, Australia or the US calling from a landline phone... it's the best deal I've come across so far.
Korea Newfie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use the "Oneshot" card to Canada. 220 minutes, 12000 Won, Itaewon.

Last edited by Korea Newfie on Tue Apr 29, 2003 8:16 am; edited 1 time in total
igotthisguitar

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

>. Arrrrrrrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhhh Mad !!!

One thing they're indeed seriously lacking here are these long distance phone cards. I got sooooooooo ripped off by KT telecom. First on my home phone they nailed me for something close to $200,000 won at a (super discount 3am) rate of over 1,000 per minute to Canada, THEN i go the other day to their only downtown location offering these quality items & have to settle for a World Pass card which for 20,000 won gets you a big 42 MINUTES !!! Crying or Very sad

They claimed CANADA is MUCH MORE expensive than the calls to the US. Anyone heard of the internet's DIAL PAD ???

We definately need something like this to put these crooks out of business ... Idea
half_pint

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just discovered a card called Typhoon, which cost me 13,000 won and gives me over 5 hours of calling time to Canada. Crazy. I got it at a used cell phone store at the bottom of the escalators in Bupyung station. Before that I was going all the way to Itaewon for phone cards - I forget which one I used but I got about 4 hours for the same price.
canuk2

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't get much out of the Typhoon card I bought (said I only had three minutes and could never connect to home) but I have had good consistent service with the A+ calling cards I have bought for 12000 won. 190 minites to Canada.

I've just kept an eye out for posters at all the little shops and checked out each one.
mack the knife

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can use MSN messenger to make free calls. the quality is spotty.
Mr Jeeves

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are plenty of Korean web sites where you can buy phone cards for calling internationally from Korea.
That's if you can read Korean, or if a Korean friend can do it for you.

I've used www.550card.co.kr (in Korean - I've used it a lot through Korean friends)

I usually get the Ace One card and get about 625 minutes to Australia for W30,000.

You can also try
www.cardhunter.co.kr (Korean)
www.needstobemet.com (English but only sells two cards)
www.ssancard.com (Korean)
Rteacher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've tried most of the cheaper cards, including Miracle, but I think the A+ card (by SK telink ) is the best overall value. For 13,000 won I get over three hours from a cell phone for calls to the U.S., and the connections are consistently good (unlike most of the cheaper ones...)
Nicole0617

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:06 am    Post subject: 440 minutes for 15000won Reply with quote

I use a card called Islam Star which I buy in Itaewon. You get 440 minutes or over 7hours or something like that for only 15000won. The card price is 19000won on it but they sell it for cheaper.
It's one of the best deals I have heard of for calling either Canada or the US or frankly pretty much any country I think.
mdokupilkr

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use a card called "blue". It gives me 4.5hours of call time to the US for 24000W.
richardsmith

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a good choice to use phone cards. Many cheap calling cards are available for different countries and places. Prepaid phone cards help you staying in touch with anyone anywhere in the world and also make your call cheap. Ontario phone cards store provides several types of calling cards with best rates and different calling qualities to make your international call. These cards can also be used for emergencies. I also use Iran calling cards, hello hello calling card and good call calling card. Using calling card are the best route for all to be connected with anyone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: