Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

help me wise posters

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jaderedux

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 4:01 pm    Post subject: help me wise posters Reply with quote

I am about to go home for a visit but ...and there always is one isn't there. I didn't change schools last year so there was no Visa run. I don't have new stamp from immigration on my passport only a note on my reg. card.

Soooooo....When before I leave for home what should I do. Do I need to go to immigration to get new stamp...do I need a new stamp...

Nothing is ever consistant at the airport...

I do not want to be at the airport one hour before I am suposed to leave in the immigration office with the Korean official clicking away on his computer frowning and explaining how I can't leave Korea until I jump through 500 flaming hoops....

HELP ME OBI WAN YOU ARE MY LAST HOPE.

geez I got to quit watching Star Wars.....

Thanks in advance.

Edina
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
schwa

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your visa situation is fine. But dont forget an up-to-date reentry permit stamped in your passport.
JackSarang

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having your ARC updated with a notation is fine. However, to return to Korea you need a multiple-entry permit or a single re-entry permit. You can buy a multiple-entry permit at Immigration or you can buy a single-reentry at the airport.

I personally always went to immigration well ahead of time, you never know what kind of foul-ups might happen at the airport only hours before your flight.

Edited by Harpeau 3 times for clarity at 5:37pm PST July 20th, 2003.
justagirl

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This just happened to my husband. Same situation--same school for 2 years, alien ID was updated, but not his passport.

When he got to the airport, they said just having the notation on the alien ID was not enough. He needed to update his visa. That cost about 30-40,000, at the airport that day. He went early so he had plenty of time (thank goodness)

Go get your passport visa updated with the stamp! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: