Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Finding accommodation in Kyongju

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Marchioness

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 8:44 pm    Post subject: Finding accommodation in Kyongju Reply with quote

Could someone please give me a hand with finding a yeogwan (yogwan) in the Kyongju (Gyeongju) area? I have tried the knto website, but am not getting anywhere and the time for making reservations is getting tighter and tighter. Have also tried those yeogwans listed in Lonely Planet and still no success.

Please help me ...

TM
peppermint

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I poseted a similar question last week and arrived to find that yes, there are loads of clean, reasonably priced yeogwan near the express bus terminal. I asked at the Tourist information booth that's just in front of the terminal for the name of one, but they all seem pretty much the same.

Have fun!
rudyflyer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

try the Hanjin Hostel. Its in Lonely Planet and I've stayed there a couple of times and its pretty nice, been there for years. Place is not really a hostel, it has some rooms with shared bath and some with private baths. The guy who runs it puts out good maps on how to get everywhere and there is also a nice courtyard where you sit and hang out with other way-gooks.

Place is a couple of blocks from the bus termials but everybody knows where it is. Also as someone else mentioned there are tons of yogwons in the general area of the bus terminal. Don't stay out at Bulgoksa or Bomun Lake both are hugely expensive

Any other questions PM me. I lived in Kyongju for a year and know the place fairly well
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: