Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pet Adoption in Korea
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Buy/Sell/Trade Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
conyo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey everybody. I was looking to adopt this dog from karma:

http://karama.or.kr/bbs/data/protect/20100412143705.jpg

Right now I'm in transition and living in a hotel until I find out if I'm moving on or off post. If on post I can't have a dog but if Off post I can. Of course I will have to find out if any landlord agrees to a pet policy.

I wanted to bring a Boston Terrier with me but the seller back in the States decided that she didn't want her champion to go to Korea. (Breeders can get weird like that). I really love Bostons and have raised two in the past.

My main concern is where is this one located, is he still available and what would I need for the application? Once I get situated I'm sure I can get one of our local native speaking workers to assist me with any translations.

Here's the link where I saw him or her, I can't tell. Last time he was at the bottom of the page.

http://karama.or.kr/community_7.asp?BbsNo=&page=11&SearchField=&addr_id=&SearchkindName=&SearchkindName_etc=&SearchWords=

Thanks!
Bramble

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

conyo wrote:
Hey everybody. I was looking to adopt this dog from karma:

http://karama.or.kr/bbs/data/protect/20100412143705.jpg

Right now I'm in transition and living in a hotel until I find out if I'm moving on or off post. If on post I can't have a dog but if Off post I can. Of course I will have to find out if any landlord agrees to a pet policy.

I wanted to bring a Boston Terrier with me but the seller back in the States decided that she didn't want her champion to go to Korea. (Breeders can get weird like that). I really love Bostons and have raised two in the past.

My main concern is where is this one located, is he still available and what would I need for the application? Once I get situated I'm sure I can get one of our local native speaking workers to assist me with any translations.

Here's the link where I saw him or her, I can't tell. Last time he was at the bottom of the page.

http://karama.or.kr/community_7.asp?BbsNo=&page=11&SearchField=&addr_id=&SearchkindName=&SearchkindName_etc=&SearchWords=

Thanks!

I suggest asking here.
macattack123

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:37 am    Post subject: PUPPY FOR ADOPTION Reply with quote

Puppy sparta is looking for a nice new home. Check out her profile on ARK:

http://www.animalrescuekorea.org/forums/showthread.php?t=3597

Animal Name : Sparta

City/Location : Daegu

Breed : yorkshire terrier mix

Sex : Female

Spayed / Neutered : Not yet

Size : Small / 3.2 kg

Health status/ vaccinations : Not had any vaccinations yet but healthy as a horse at this moment in time.
Behaviour/Personality : Typical puppy, full of fun during the day but loves a good snuggle at night.

Rescue story : Sparta and her sister Artemis were rescued from the KAPS shelter in Daegu. They were young and very vulnerable to all the diseases knocking at their cage door. One puppy became sick with parvo and the other followed shortly after. The two of them were very close but after time apart they lost that bond. Unfortunately, the fight for top pup is too much and Sparta, the healthier of the two now needs a nice new family to love her.

Adoption fee: 50,000 if you want to spay with your own vet, 100,000 if you wish it to be done by current owner.

When the two puppies were brought home, Sparta was the quieter of the two but she's found her feet and loves nothing better than playing. The two puppies went though so much and at one point, we all thought we would lose both of them. However, both puppies are still going and Sparta is thriving. So her current foster parent, Lisa, named her Sparta. Obviously it can be changed!!

As you can see by the pictures, she's got a beautiful little face. She's a typical little puppy. Runs around and just wants to play all the time. It's hysterical watching her run around and entertain herself. At the same time she loves to lay on her back on your lap and get a belly rub. She's VERY used to being hugged like a baby and she loves it.

So far Sparta is doing great with potty training, as it were. She is at about 75% with going to the bathroom on her pee pad in the corner. There are accidents but fewer by the day. As she hasn't had any vaccinations yet she hasn't been outside, so hasn't been trained on a leash. I'm sure she would be great though.

There's lots more to say about her but if you are interested please email me at [email protected] or message me here.
wms.aaron

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 5:16 am    Post subject: A pet Iguana? Reply with quote

Anyone looking to adopt a pet Iguana? He's still a baby, only 8 inches max from head to the end of his tail. I took him from a friend that moved to Japan, and its just not working out. I live in Ansan, so let me know if you are interested!
mpardaiolo

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 5:11 pm    Post subject: Foster Cat for Adoption Reply with quote

I live in Daejeon, and I have been fostering a cat from the local animal shelter for the last 6 months. She's gone from feral to completely domesticated and attention-loving. She is 6-9 months old and completely updated with her kitten shots (finished) and heartworm prevention.

Unfortunately, I am moving apartments in a couple of weeks, and my new landlord is not that keen on cats. I would really like to find Faye (the cat) a permanent (or new foster) home, so I don't have to deal with the inevitable complication of fighting with a landlord with a language barrier.

You can find more information and papers here: http://www.animalrescuekorea.org/forums/showthread.php?t=3320

I can provide any more information you might need, so just ask.
Natka/KoreaSeoul

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 2:34 am    Post subject: For Sell Reply with quote

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4039/4626761671_d69b11df8b.jpg
i want 30000won for everything. my mail is [email protected] am stay in itaewon.Thank you!
kam1nsk1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpardaiolo - I would take Faye on a semi permanent basis, I can't keep her forever as I'm from the UK and can't take animals back but I will be here for the next 18-36 months, so can look after her until then or I find her a more full time home.

Please PM me to discuss if she still needs a home.
Joffu

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:51 am    Post subject: Friendly guinea pig looking for a home in or around Seoul. Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

My coworker just left for home, and, due to some last minute luggage issues, had to leave his beloved Bubbles behind, his year-and-a-half old black and white guinea pig.

I've taken him on, but am away too much to really give him the attention he needs.

He's free to a good home, along with his cage, food, alfalfa hay, woodchips, and his precious blanket. He's personable, though a bit skittish at first.

PM me if interested and we can set something up. I'm at Sanbon Station in Gunpo, Gyeonggido.

I'll try and edit with a pic soon, my camera is currently with a friend.
sqrlnutz123

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:42 pm    Post subject: 2 Adorable Bunnies! Reply with quote

I found two rabbits abandoned in the woods by my apartment. They are very tame and very sweet. I am leaving in a few weeks and need to find a home for them ASAP! Please help! If you could just keep them until you can find a permanent home for them that would be great! See pictures here:
http://www.animalrescuekorea.org/forums/showthread.php?t=3997
redone336

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:38 am    Post subject: Pet stuff Reply with quote

I have some pet stuff for sale. Great for a small dog or cat!

Teafco Aeropet Airline approved pet carrier - Black - This is a great carrier for air travel. I like it overall but am changing to a different style (a little smaller) Only used 2 times in great shape!! originally $100+ USD! 60,000won

Fundle Pet sling - Black mini size (for a very small dog 2kg or less) Used a couple of times but its just too small for my 2.5 kg pup great bag! (i have the small size too Wink This bag is great for the subway!) 30,000

Small pet bed - Cave type. White with multicolored flowers and lime green trim. 8,000 won

Pink vest type harness and leash - Web vest very nice (my pup just pulls too much) - 8,000 won

Email me for more info or pics. I would prefer NOT to ship.
Eglayzer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:54 am    Post subject: Kitten looking for a good home! Reply with quote

Hi all,

I am currently fostering a six month old kitten who is in need of a new home. I picked him up from a lady in Anyang who found in her driveway and rubbing up on her legs. He is very affectionate! She had two dogs that were trying to eat him so she could not keep him. I gave him the name Horangi (tiger) but you are welcome to change it!

He is a really relaxed cat. Mostly he just rubs against my legs, sleeps next to me, and purrs constantly. He is already house trained. I have fostered a lot of cats and dogs in the past. This one is really well behaved, even considering his age.

I doubt that he had been on the streets for very long because he is so friendly to new people. Not afraid or skittish AT ALL. He has not been neutered yet, but I have checked him for flees and mites and there are none.

If anyone is interested you can stop by my place and meet him. I live in Dongdeamun-gu near Hoegi station. 010-2263-6693

Here are some pictures:

When I first got him home and before his first bath.
http://i719.photobucket.com/albums/ww199/eglayzer/053.jpg
His favorite place to sleep.
http://i719.photobucket.com/albums/ww199/eglayzer/DSCF0700.jpg
http://i719.photobucket.com/albums/ww199/eglayzer/DSCF0699.jpg
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
jjurabong

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:52 am    Post subject: Batman the rescue kitty needs a home - 3 mo old male Reply with quote

Batman the three month old kitten needs a good home.

I found him by the Han River - and right away he was very sociable and affectionate, so we think he was abandoned rather than born feral. He passed the first round of health checks with flying colors and will return to the vet early next week for the all-clear and vaccinations, which I will take care of.

I cannot keep him as my 11 year-old cat is way too stressed out over the little visitor. I think he is too used to being in a one-cat household to adjust to a kitten.

Batman ( you can change his name of course ) is male, super-affectionate, very easy to entertain, and shows no behaviour problems. I really want to find a good home for him, particularly with someone who will make a committment to taking him for the long-haul. He would be ideal for long-termers or someone willing to take him home when contracts end. He is far too special a little critter to be abandoned again.

I will take care of any initial health costs and vaccinations. He comes with a little yellow carrying case and a bag of his kitten food and some toys. I even have a leopard-print cat cave to donate, as my older cat doesn't use it at all.

If you are interested, please contact me by pm or or on thread. You can also call me at 010-3754-8117.

He is black and white, and looks like Charlie Chaplin with Batman ears on. Smile

Photos can be seen at:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/imanixx/
aweitzm1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am looking into adopting a dog, however, before I adopt one I want to find out the immigration policy to the USA. The information on this post seems to be from 2008. Does anyone know if there regulations has changed?

I am concerned that the dog will need to be quarantined for a time period. What I read seems that the dog needs have the vaccines up to date and some form filled out by a vet.

I would like to hear anyone's experience who has traveled to the USA with a dog.
mm

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is not a quarantine period (except for if you travel to Hawaii where I believe it is 60 days). You need to have your dog up to date on their vaccinations, have a vet fill out a health form and go through quarantine in both Incheon and your destination airport in the US. Quarantine in Incheon is fairly quick if your dog has all the papers filled out, same with in the US. It is a fairly easy process, I think the owners typically worry more than the pets. Go to animalrescuekorea.org if you have any more questions. The people on the forum are really helpful and knowledgeable about the situation. Also please please please adopt a stray! There are so many dogs in Korea who don't have homes, any dog you adopt would be forever grateful and appreciative. I have adopted three rescue dogs so far, they are the best!
aweitzm1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mm wrote:
There is not a quarantine period (except for if you travel to Hawaii where I believe it is 60 days). You need to have your dog up to date on their vaccinations, have a vet fill out a health form and go through quarantine in both Incheon and your destination airport in the US. Quarantine in Incheon is fairly quick if your dog has all the papers filled out, same with in the US. It is a fairly easy process, I think the owners typically worry more than the pets. Go to animalrescuekorea.org if you have any more questions. The people on the forum are really helpful and knowledgeable about the situation. Also please please please adopt a stray! There are so many dogs in Korea who don't have homes, any dog you adopt would be forever grateful and appreciative. I have adopted three rescue dogs so far, they are the best!

Thanks for the information... I am hoping to rescue a dog and have been looking on animalrescue.org. I am just starting my search so I have not contacted anyone on that website again.

One more question... are there any good vets in the Seoul area? I live in Mokdong. I would like to be able to communicate with the vet I choose especially if I need paperwork completed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Buy/Sell/Trade Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 10 of 13

Jump to: