Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Next Consulting?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Della

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 8:32 am    Post subject: Next Consulting? Reply with quote

Hello all

I am planning to come to Korea to teach English in Korea and am currently talking with a recruiting service called Nezt Consulting. Has any one heard anything about them? They say they have been opperating for 7 years.

I know a lot of people don't suggest using recruiters but I am coming alone and like the security of a paid flight, pre arranged accomodations and someone meeting me at the airport

Appriciate ant feedback

Thanks
panthermodern

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My advise is to apply directly to companies on this board and/or post your resume.

Applying will allow you to be pickier on location and compensation.
Posting will get you tons of replies, but probably few you would want.

Thats my advice.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
lins24

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know if you are still looking to work for Next Consulting but just in case... I came to Korea with them. I lived in Calgary and I was coming alone as well so I too thought it was very convenient to have someone doing all the work for me. I had a good experience with them, they were really nice and answered any questions/concerns very promptly. They paid for my aifare with no problems at all. My only complaint is they were guilty of the "you'll be leaving this date or sooner" and then I was in a bit of a rush at the last minute cuz it turned out to be sooner. You could probably get a better deal on your own (maybe) but is it worth the extra effort?

As for the benefits of pre-arranged apartment and someone at the airport, those are your school's responsibility and you would get them from anywhere you decided to work.

Another tid-bit of advice: if you are coming alone, make sure your school has some other foreign teachers, otherwise it can be a bit lonely!

Ciao and good luck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: