Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

E-2 overstay

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eaglenovan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 11:03 pm    Post subject: E-2 overstay Reply with quote

Deleted

Last edited by eaglenovan on Wed May 16, 2007 9:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Harvard Material

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 11:54 pm    Post subject: E-2 expiry date. Reply with quote

Hey birdman...I believe we are given 14 days. You must be out of the country before the 14th day. You must not be in Korea when that day arrives. Maybe 15 days?? Confused Contact Immigration and get the facts for yourself. Sorry I can not be 100% accurate right now...only 99%!

Don't mess around. Either-or. Do not go past the time allowed. Leave after 13 days to be on the safe side. Hell; leave immediately if possible, but no more than 13 days, or you face a huge fine and probably a lock up until the fine is paid for.
justagirl

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay I can answer this one. I was 4 days overdue on my E-2 visa and had to go to the Immigration office at Incheon. She was quite firm with me and kept asking why I was doing illegal things in Korea by overstaying my visa. The officer kept asking my why I hadn't extended my visa and why I would be a "bad foreigner" (my words).

She did let me leave Korea but she said if I ever do it again, I'll get to pay a hefty fine.

The easiest thing to do is to go to the immigration office and have it extended so you don't have to face the people at the airport. It really would be less hassle, because you run from check in counter (after waiting in line) to the immigration office, back to the check in counter...it's just not worth it. You want to have all that mess taken care of in advance so you can just breeze through everything and be on the plane.

So, yes you can overstay a few days and probably get away with it as you leave Incheon. However, it really would save some stress and potential problems on the day of your departure if you'd just run to your immigration office in your part of Korea beforehand. Very Happy

justagirl

ps--I'd heard on this board that you could overstay your E-2 by 14 days as well...that's why I chanced it. Never again.
meatball

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2003 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree!
I overstayed by 2 days. I had been told my Mokdong immigration on 2 different days that I had 14 days....they lied! I didn't. I was treated like I had just raped someone's mom Shocked BLAH BLAH Canada saram BLAH BLAH overstay...Anyhow, I told them that Mokdong gave me the bad information. No fine but the photocopied my info...it was a warning. I was more annoyed than anything. I told them that they are theives taking money when their own people lie...better safe than sorry ALWAYS.
OiGirl

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2003 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's free and not too difficult to get a short visa extension at your local immigration office BEFORE your visa expires. It may be helpful to have air tickets in hand, but is not always necessary.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: