Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I lost my alien registration card
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jane99

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 7:36 am    Post subject: I lost my alien registration card Reply with quote

I've looked everywhere for my card and I can't find it. I'm convinced that it's not in my apartment. So, I think that I'm going to have to get a new card. I'm wondering if anyone knows the procedure. Some of the questions I have include:

Will I be fined?

Do I have to get a new card (or do they replicate my old one?)

Do I have to bring a copy of my contract and passport to the immigration office?

Thanks.
yodanole

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 10:23 am    Post subject: alien registration card Reply with quote

The first step in getting a new alien registration card is to make a report to your local police station (reporting it lost or stolen). If you have a copy of said card, so much the easier, as they will want to know your card number. Then you will have to take a copy of the police report and your passport (and passport size photos) to immigration and they will give you a new card. There may be a small charge, possibly 10,000 or maybe more. Not sure about the contract, but if you have a copy and know where it is, better safe than sorry.
The Great Wall of Whiner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jane99 wrote:

Quote:
Will I be fined?

Yes.

When you finish your contract, you have to hand your card in. Failure to do so will result in a fine. My friend had to pay a W100,000 after not surrendering his at the airport.

Quote:
Do I have to get a new card (or do they replicate my old one?)

From what I hear, it will be a whole new one.

Quote:
Do I have to bring a copy of my contract and passport to the immigration office?

Yes, and also two photos just like the first time.
yodanole

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you surrender your NEW card to airport immigration upon leaving the country at the completion of your contract, you will not be fined. Airport immigration only cares that you have a card to surrender, filing the lost/stolen report with the police absolves you of responsibility for the original.
Blue Flower

Location: The realisation that I only have to endure two more weeks in this filthy, perverted, nasty place!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had my wallet stolen on saturday, which was a real nuisance. But what is really annoying, is that my alien card was in my wallet, with my credit cards, etc. I am going home for a two week vacation in about 2 weeks, and have some questions:

1) Do I need to get a new alien card to show them when i leave/re-enter the country, or will i be ok, until I leave for good next march?

2) How long will it take to re-issue my alien card? Will it be done within two weeks, and is there any way at all that I can get them to send my completed card to me, rather than having to go in and pick it up?

3) Is a police report really necessary? As I am thinking it will be a rather long, and painful process, increased by my useless korean, and the fact that I have no idea where my nearest police station is.

Muchos gracias.

edited to add: and is the above information still accurate? Do i need new passport photos, passport, and my contract to get my new card?
peppermint

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear about the wallet. I lost mine last year, and it sucks.

I had to bring my passport to the immigration office, but they didn't issue a new card, and I didn't need new pics, or a copy of my contract. Right now, immigration seems to be moving at a snail's pace cause of all the illegal foreign workers that are being processed. It might be a good idea to explain the situation at the immigration office when you go.
shawner88

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Will I be fined?

Quote:
Yes.

When you finish your contract, you have to hand your card in. Failure to do so will result in a fine. My friend had to pay a W100,000 after not surrendering his at the airport.

I can vouch for that. I got a 100,000 won fine too thanks to my boss who never bothered to bring the police report to immigration as he promised (I lost my Id a few weeks before time to go). If I didn't pay the fine I couldn't leave the country...there was a lot going on with immigration and I had to wait and they had to hold up the whole plane for me. It was a fitting end to a year of crap.
buddy bradley

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After I had my face kicked in, my ARC was stolen. All you need is 10,000 won and a photo (one, not two) and immigration gives you a new one in about two minutes. Really quick and painless, besides the wait behind other foreigners at immigration.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Blue Flower

Location: The realisation that I only have to endure two more weeks in this filthy, perverted, nasty place!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all. Seems people have conflicting views of what you need. I've been told I need my school papers, no photo, some photos, passport, police report, etc. I might get a teacher to ring them for me today. I got a police report this morning - they were very nice. Even called a cop in on his day off, as he spoke english, and they did the report for me. though it seemed like every policeman in the anyang vicinity came into the station to have a gawk at me.
Blue Flower

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In case anyone actually cares this is the deal when you have lost your alien card:

1) Go to immigration - I didn't need a police report, they didn't even ask if I had one, which was a waste of yesterday.

2) Get the form from the front counter - tell the boy there that you lost your card, and he will give you the correct form. And also purchase a 10k won stamp thing.

3) Get a waiting ticket - choose "D", which is for cubicle "9".

4) Fill out your form.

5) You do not need passport photos.

6) Give the chick in the booth your form. Leave. Come back at the designated time to pick up your new card. Voila. Very easy.
peppermint

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not one hundred percent sure, but I think you can download the form to get the card replaced actually. . I'll edit when I find a link
blah

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You��ll notice that there are conflicting details about what to do. This is because in most Asian countries (or at least the three I have lived in), local offices interpret procedures differently from each other.

I have learned to rely on personal testimonies only for a general idea of what to expect. The local immigration office you must deal with is the only place to get the correct information you need. And even then, you can expect changes in procedure if there is a shuffling of staff.
Keepongoing

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 9:39 pm    Post subject: Lost Card In Thailand Reply with quote

I lost my card in Thailand and will be going back to Korea soon??? I have the E2 stamp in my passport but am not sure what Immigration will do at the airport?????
Mosley

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might not be a problem getting back into the ROK(assuming you have a valid re-entry permit), but you MUST report your lost ARC to your local immig. office ASAP & get a new one.

For the love of Mike, people: keep a grip on your passports, ARCs, tickets, wallets, etc.!
definitely maybe

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone dealt with replacing a lost arc card recently? the only info i can find is nearly four years old. do i need to do it in person, or can someone go on my behalf? i ask because i didn't go to immigration to obtain my original card, and don't want to burden my employer with my problem. thanks for your help!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: