Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My progress with severance pay problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pyonghwa

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 11:18 pm    Post subject: My progress with severance pay problem Reply with quote

I posted my prblem here on July 13 and some of you were really very helpful in my situation. Thanks to you all again. I just wanted to let you know what happened next and I also have one question to anybody who was in the same shit.
EFL-law was of big help and it helped me find an English speaking lawyer who helped Sad a lot. Presently,my situation is as follows: I didn't get paid even for my last month of work for my school. So I went to Immigration immediately and explained the situation. WIth my case going to the court, they extended my E-2 visa up to 2 or 3 months depending on the court date. They also called my employer and talked to her. As a result, my contract wasnt' canceled. But she hired another foreign teacher as my replacement which is illegal. I am sorry for the poor guy who is unaware of the situation and has never talked to me before about our school.
I also refused to move out of my apartment inspite of the threats and as I was advised sent a certified letter to her about my refusal. Tomorrow is the deadline of my stay in this apartment, so my family and I are preparing for the siege. I have also met some of my students' parents who were very close to me and let them know about my situation. They were very surprised and upset for they were told that I'd found another job. They promised to tell the whole lousy story to other parents for them to know the truth.
I've got a question to anybody who was in the same shit: how can I make her business go downhill? I am really full of indignation and would like to revenge. Are there any ways how we, foreigners here can influence the school reputation or our only way out is complaining, defending and hoping for good luck?...
I would really appreciate any reply.
Pyonghwa
canuckistan
Mod Team
Mod Team

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Revenge is best served up cold.
Ryst Helmut

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 6:15 pm    Post subject: Take a gander Reply with quote

Pyonghwa,

Well, a myriad of choices you have....sweet if the parents will help you out spreadin' the gospel, however, would have been nice to get all your students' contact information. Then again, it'll seem more credible with the moms doing the spreading.

I've not the time to really get into this, but here are some ideas that you can adapt to your situation...

http://www.eslcafe.com/forums/korea/viewtopic.php?p=46200&highlight=#46200

Shoosh,

Ryst
Harvard Material

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 7:22 pm    Post subject: pyongwha... Reply with quote

I can relate...our situations are very much alike at the moment.

Stick to written facts, and don't advertise what a 'bad person' this director is. The director would love to sue you for slander/loss of business, but if you stick to facts you won't have to worry about that. You dislike her? Understandable. Don't convince other people to dislike her because of your opinion(s).

Sounds like you already have some parents on your side. Nobody likes to be lied to, not even a small white lie. Let the parents damage the hakwon, not you. In lying to the parents the director is showing her true colours.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: