Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ten Top Things Never Said in Korea!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Corporal

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My subak is the same as everyone else's subak. No better.

No, Young Woo, we can't pull down your pants and have you pee in front of everyone. We have to go to the washroom to do that.

Let's not stare at that foreigner, okay?

Why don't we let everyone exit the elevator before we get on.
HardyandTiny

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Corporal wrote:
Why don't we let everyone exit the elevator before we get on.

I heard an Army intelligence officer at a breifing say something today,

He said, "The new generation of university teachers in Korea are using a "koom bai ya " approach to dealing with the implications of war with North Korea. The idea that if we all just love one another eventually we can overcome everything. This may be possible, but one has to wonder how true this concept is as a Korean person finds it difficult to hold a door for their fellow person in daily life"
mishlert

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for giving us a better life by saving us during the war.

Thanks for keeping the North at bay.

The US army is more than welcome to stay.

The North Koreans are not our brothers and sisters. They are victims of a tyranical, brain-washing, dictator who apposes anyone who does not share his views. Get rid of him.

PC bang sign, "All partons to be given headphones so as to not bother any of the other patrons with loud music or computer game noise."

I really meant all the nice things I just said about you.

I am not telling what you want to hear so you will sign the contract.

The contract is vague you say. I will change it.

None of the parents complained, the reason I have to let you go is, . . . (the truth)

Yes, most Korean TV sucks.
eamo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(In supermarket) 'This item doesn't have a barcode on it but don't worry, we'll sort it out in just a minute'.

(30 minutes spent at a checkout in Carrefour yesterday to buy one item)
mapomope

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you have a condom?
HardyandTiny

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top Ten things not Ten Top things
Moldy Rutabaga

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Top Ten things not Ten Top things

Oops. Cool
Clutch Cargo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. "Exuse me"

2. "I'm sorry, were you here first?"

3. "I like your hairy arms, will you sleep with me?"

4. "Can I be totally honest with you?"

5. "Your ability to speak and teach to me the complexities of the English language are my ticket out of this place"

6. "So, what's it like to live in a totally different culture, where the levels of understanding and outlook on the world are myriad, to say the least?"

7. "I'm sorry. I'm an old woman, a little blind, and not all there sometimes. Occassionally I get a bit pushy in lines and similar situations. Please forgive me for pushing ahead of you."

8. "Does my laughing ennerve you at all? If so, I apologise"

9. "Say hello to the white monkey"

10. "Isn't it kind of wierd how we want you here but also don't want you here at the same time?"
billbile

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miraculous! Here is a dish that corn will not improve!

Instead of staring into that foreigner's trolley to sate my curiosity on what foreigners buy and eat, I think I'll find out over the internet.

I'm male, 30 and under, and yet I despise star craft!

Hey, instead of improving Korea by copying everything in America right down to the very last doorknob, why don't we find out what is done in many countries on a case-by-case basis, and then choose the most successful?

As Professors, we think of it as our duty to stop students cheating in exams at any price. Our policy is to hold the exams in rooms which students are not taught in, keep everyone out of that room for at least two hours before the exam begins, have random seating, and hire professional people, for instance retired school teachers, to very strictly supervise the exam.

The reason I entered politics is because there is too much corruption and suicide is rampant. I thought something must be done to stop it.

I'm going to read this work of non-fiction for pleasure.

Hey, this black-and-white movie is a classic.

I like low-budget Sci-fi movies and television because of the ideas. Special effects mean little to me.

An original idea is often what counts most, not the newest incarnation of that idea.

If I allow all my children to inherit my wealth equally, not just my oldest son, I won't need to be concerned that much about the background of their suitors; just that they have a good character is enough. In fact, this may even help to level society and reduce snobbery and reduce the gap and improve relations between rich and poor! I care about Korea's future.

I am maybe a bit too empathetic for my own good. I just don't like to see others in any kind of pain, family members, Koreans or otherwise.

All races are equal. In fact race, to quote Oscar Wilde, is a 'pigment of the imagination', it is purely illusory. Why, wasn't it the great Bob Marley himself who said that (to paraphrase) the colour of a man's skin should be of no more significance than the colour of his eyes?

As a person with what I call a comfortable income, someone who others think of as rich, I know I must save my money and NOT flaunt it. I will seem so much more down to earth that way, and I will be able to make true friends; and as we all know a penny saved is a penny earned.

I am in business not to fritter away the bulk of my salary in shady bars and with ladies of ill repute, but so that I can spend quality time with my family, and enrich their quality of life.

Young man! pick up that wrapper at once! Don't be a litter-bug. Let's keep the tradition and keep Korea tidy.

What??? You can't judge people by their clothes, or the car they drive!

I'm donating this money to your charity, and please don't publicise it, will you?

I'm going to save money and buy a second-hand cell-phone, so I am!
kiwiboy_nz_99

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, of course I can't bump you from a C to an A because your Daddy makes big contributions to this university. It's all about academic standards ok?
mishlert

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry.

Please accept my apologies.

You're right

It's my fault.

How rude of me.

I totally agree.

You first.

That was thoughtless of me.
shaun k

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-- "it's not the hours you put in. efficiency is what counts."

-- "no, no. i think i'll have something different from the rest of you for dinner tonight. miss! a separate bowl of soup for me please...and not so spicey this time. thank you so much."

-- "let's go some place quiet."

-- "yeah...in school i learned about the world outside korea: geography, history, politics, you name it. i also learned the basics of psychology and human behavior, and how we are are truly one people on this planet, and for that matter, always have been. and it all has really helped me make informed and logical choices in my life. i don't just follow 'the warmth of the herd', as neitzsche suggested people so often do."

-- "love really is all you need."
shaun k

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

one more....

-- "now you listen here mr. park, i'm taking the day off and i'm going to swing by my son's school and get him out of class this morning. he's a senior and he's been too stressed out about some test that's coming up and i just want to two of us to have a day together, catch a ball game, grab something to eat, you know, just spend some quality time together. i want to see what makes my boy tick. my wife and i have been doting on his younger sister so much lately, i want to give HIM something special...let him know i love him."
Lost Seoul

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Sorry I'm forty-five minutes late."

"The parents are showering praise on you."

"Yes kindergarten can be hard to control as most of them know only three words of English, hell, I couldn't control them and I speak their language.... hey I got a great idea, I will hire an assistant. On second thoughts I realise you came here to be a teacher not a babysitter, yeah the kindy kids are a bit young to be attempting to learn English, who can blame them for not giving a s**t and running around screaming and jumping off of tables. On the whole I think its a bad idea, yeah they bring me some extra money but its the education of our children that concerns me and I wouldn't want to con anyone. Yeah I think we will scrap kindergarten."
billbile

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Hey, look. Even if most people disagree with you, that doesn't mean you are wrong!"
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: