Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What's your favorite Korean food?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HardyandTiny

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big mac
then
whopper
NQP

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kamja tang- spicy potato and pig spine soup. Sometimes has lamyun noodles in it. It is my absolute favorite Korean food.
Son Deureo!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curry Dalk Galbi. Basically Dalk Kalbi with curry sauce instead of kochu jang, it also has little hot dogs. I've only found this at one restaurant near Bupyeong Station in Incheon, but man, my mouth starts watering just thinking about it.

Korean-Indian fusion cuisine. Who knew?
sillywilly

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I miss it all. But you know what I have been craving, is those lotus root slices in the sweet stuff.
sickboy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kalbi is my favourite hands down.

Kimchi too... even bought imported Korean kimchi when I was in Japan last month.. missed that shits heaps!

Su Yuk (bolied dog) is lovely as well. Incidentally, I find many more students admit to eating dog if you tell them you eat it.

-sick
JackSarang

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For everyone saying Kalbi... what kind? There are lots. Nearly everyone I meet who says they love "kalbi" is referring to dwaeji kalbi, which is pork and delicious.. but not the best.

However, for the absolutely most magnificent beef taste sensation, nothing beats Yang Nyum Kalbi, which is marinated beef short-rib grilled and eaten in the same fashion as other kalbi's. Its also very pricey, averaging 17-20,000 per single portion with a 2 person minimum.

If anyone in Bundang ever wants to go for some Yang Nyum just send me a PM, I know a great place near Samsung Plaza.
yodanole

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 8:57 am    Post subject: mmm...food Reply with quote

Soju, with chicken. Of course, soju goes well with everything!
HardyandTiny

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BIG MACU!
camel96

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
BIG MACU!

Hey H&T you've already said that...
Something like 5 posts ago.
That having been said Big Macs rock. I just had my first in a month today and it gave me a horrendous stomach ache. Evil or Very Mad
eamo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyyhing but Bondigee (silk worm larvae). I tried it once to impress some girls. The biggest food mistake of my life!!

It just doesn't taste like food.

I also like real Sun-dae. Black pudding (Congealed pigs blood sausage) with strips of lung and liver. The real deal also gives you chunks of fried pig ear. mmmmmmmmm......Mashita!!!!

I typed romanized Korean for delicious and it was filtered!! What's that about mods?? I mean m a s h i t a.
ma cherie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a great thread!

Okay, after spending two months in France (land of the "haute" cuisine), I have to say that I'm THRILLED to be back in Korea to tackle some of the food I've missed so much.

dalk han mari kal kuk su (one whole chicken and homemade noodles) -- there's a great restaurant in apkujong, and the one chicken serves two

jjol myun (cold, rubbery spaghetti looking noodles with gochujang) -- prefer it in the summer but i can eat it anytime

chik naeng myun (cold, dark grey buckwheat noodles in a broth with vegetables and egg) -- see above

bu dae jji gae (stew with EVERYTHING in it: sausage, ramen, kimchi, tofu, etc.) -- i recommend the nolbu chains; they are good for that

and when i don't feel like going to restaurant, i love just buying banchan with kimchi, fried tofu, and rice at home (it's cheaper overall and makes a decent meal)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: