Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

It was happened ...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
denz

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zyzyfer wrote:

Never, ever follow a solo gang ah jee around. NEVER. You're lucky you made it out with your shoes.

as sure as newton's apple fell.
was it newton?
smeg it.
let's call it the matmata theory

denz
bucheon bum

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 6:53 am    Post subject: Re: It was happened ... Reply with quote

kiwiboy_nz_99 wrote:

Buchon Bum ( Best poster on political topics, I'm sure he's interesting )

Well thanks for the compliment but sorry, didn't make an appearance. If there is another one before oct. 31, I promise to show up.
Tiger Beer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 8:40 am    Post subject: Re: It was happened ... Reply with quote

kiwiboy_nz_99 wrote:

Tiger Beer ( we've been having a Korean romance, we both love each
other but have never met or declared our love, at least it's
not "one sided love" )

DOH! Shocked I was hiding because didn't want any sudden surprise kiss or anything weird!

kiwiboy_nz_99 wrote:
I spoke to Trinny, and was not dissapointed, she was as cool as her posts suggested, and better looking than her avatar ...

I agree, Trinny was one cool chica and very pretty too! All the ESL poster chicas are babes.. whats up with that? Thought you were going to be geeks and it turns out the opposite!! Shocked

camel96 wrote:
I promise I'll be at the next one. And if I back out you can turn ME into soup. How's that sound....? Shocked

Yeah, I would have liked to have met Camel as well.. and Bucheon Bum and quite a few others.. FunPlanet.. as well as SeoulTrader.. many.. Matko as well.

eamo wrote:
Wombat is the most seriously good-looking lady I've seen in a long time!

True.. I expected someone completely different.. actually I expected the woman in the avatar! Very pleasantly surprised as well!! Designated Ansan Babe.

Wombat wrote:
Let's do another one soon. Maybe less bar, more chatting. Whaddaya say?

I agree! I had so much fun.. I was thinking the exact same thing! Can hardly wait to the next time.. was thinking of calling up random people who I met just to get mini get-togethers if no one organizes another big one soon!

bucheon bum wrote:
sorry, didn't make an appearance. If there is another one before oct. 31, I promise to show up.

Yeah, hope you make the next one.. Oct.31 is when you are heading to Yemen, etc, right? I enjoy the political conversations threads that you post on as well.. particularly for keeping the 2004 Democrate Candidates thread alive as I find it interesting as always.
The Bobster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I must say I've never had a cap in my ass. Sounds interesting.

Gonna have to consult the other mods about this ... looks borderline, I must say. Wink

I thought the venue was fine, save that the a/c wasn't up to the job ... maybe so many people in the room warmed up the place past the limits of what it could handle.

As some others have said, I did not meet nearly enough people. Yes, we must do this again ... and no, we won't wait November, that's MUCH too far away - Mr Sperling will be in town for the KOTESOL conference in October, and he has expressed interest in meeting board users at a get-together, so with luck we might be able to make something special like that happen, if people want it.

But last night went so well, I'm thinking even October might be a bit much of a wait ...

Last edited by The Bobster on Mon Aug 11, 2003 6:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Harpeau

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the time Kiwi boy got to me I think he was beginning to "cut the film" and lose it. Smile Add me to the list.
Apologies to Trinnie. We were to chat and I told my bud that he could meet ScottHK. Please contact me and we'll chat, ok?
We had a small BBQ live music party that began at 3pm today. We were a little hung over, but the energy increased after a while. Hey, it just ended a little while ago- 2:30AM! Of to bed in a moment. Thanks again for a super time!
Harpeau
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Wombat

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harpeau ~

I am still reeling from the diss you layed on me. I meekly approached you and squeaked something about you having a degree in divinity (which will surprise no one when I say that I'm interested in that sort of thing), and you gave me your card and wandered away! Why why why!

I sobbed for a good 5 minutes in the bathroom. Oh, the agony.

Wombat.
katydid

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harpeau wrote:
We had a small BBQ live music party that began at 3pm today. We were a little hung over, but the energy increased after a while. Hey, it just ended a little while ago- 2:30AM! Of to bed in a moment. Thanks again for a super time!
Harpeau

**I** was there, and man, it HURT that I had to cut out so early! I was having a good time, but mainly I was stuffing my face with all the good things that I can not eat in Gwangju, you know, like cheese. Embarassed
It ended at 2:30 a.m.? I WISH I could have stayed longer!! Man, living in Gwangju KILLS me sometimes. Crying or Very sad
kiwiboy_nz_99

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harpau, I knew there was more than I listed, now what did we talk about?!! I think I won't drink quite so much next time! ( the road to hell etc ... )
Seoultrader

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 8:14 pm    Post subject: Re: It was happened ... Reply with quote

Kiwiboy -

Mr. Murphy of Murphy's Law paid me a visit in the late afternoon and I had to go to the office for the night (had a great day though...went on a picnic^^).

Howbout a kiss-and-make-up session sometime this week? PM for details.

Same goes for the other posters I made arrangements to meet with. Good to see you guys had a blast.
Trinny

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make-up session? Can I join? I need a lot of fixes here and there.

ST: You brought me down. You don't know what you missed. Evil or Very Mad I told George that I was going to phone you, and he said, "don't bother." Thank you for the directions to Hubble Bubble, though. My second string (the Indian-looking guy tiger beer was talking about) really like the food there. The only unfortunate event was: I broke the beer glass. It was really embarrassing, because I was trying hard to impress my beau ami.

The conclusion: Hubble Bubble will be a good candidate for the next get-together, if we want to have another get-together at a bar/restaurant.
Tiger Beer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trinny wrote:
The conclusion: Hubble Bubble will be a good candidate for the next get-together, if we want to have another get-together at a bar/restaurant.

Oh, so your 3 weeks in Korea got extended? Wink
Trinny

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiger: You wicked soul!

Unfortunately no. My hubby made sad puppy noise over the phone last night, meaning that the party was over and it was about time to go back to the mode of a good and obedient house wifey.
Seoultrader

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trinny wrote:
Tiger: You wicked soul!

Unfortunately no. My hubby made sad puppy noise over the phone last night, meaning that the party was over and it was about time to go back to the mode of a good and obedient house wifey.

Shucks, and I was just about to propose an affair...

Trinny, I'm sure we'll run into each other somewhere one of these days.
Harpeau

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wombat wrote:
Harpeau ~

I am still reeling from the diss you layed on me. I meekly approached you and squeaked something about you having a degree in divinity (which will surprise no one when I say that I'm interested in that sort of thing), and you gave me your card and wandered away! Why why why!

I sobbed for a good 5 minutes in the bathroom. Oh, the agony.

Wombat.

Sorry about that. I was just in the middle of introducing two people. Give me a buzz and we'll nod over coffee, ok?
Cheers!

Harpeau
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
mysteriousdeltarays

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 2:49 am    Post subject: Failure to show Reply with quote

Sorry we didn't make it. Had to Crash Dive with claxions blarring. Evita Peron was having a tantrum about the diamonds getting soggy. Elvis kept babbeling (erroniosly) about the way to the hollow earth's interior. Jim was asleep in the bathtub. We were lucky to surface un-noticed at Ceasor's Palace in Las Vegas.
A few fruits and vegitables, some vitamin A. We sail again, this time to the to the Golden Door of Noridor beneath the Artic Ice Cap. GDNAIC! Remember that acronym and beware!
Miracle Bra and Sweet Sweat are just the begining of our secret weapons. OCN is yet another!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: