Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The OFFICIAL Motorcycle/Scooter thread!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 179, 180, 181  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jjajangmyun

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im looking to get a bike thats mosty used for a 4km commute to work but can als be used to take trips out to the countryside and can load a passenger in the back.

Looking at a Daystar 125cc but i think this might be too weak. Looking for more of a standard/cruiser model rather than a crotch rocket. Any thoughts/suggestions?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
kraggy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey,

You guys and gals who ride bikes in Korea, did you have a bike license back home and just transfer it to a Korean one?

I'm wondering about the rules. I have a full car driving license (Irish) but no bike license. Is there any way that I can drive a small moped in Korea?

Or do I need a full bike license before I can ride anything in Korea?
andrewchon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I know unless there's been changes lately: international driver's licence will allow you to ride sub 125cc. Over 125cc will need a motorcycle licence.
Drew345

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The answer is probably in the previous 180 pages somewhere, but pardon me for asking anyway:

Anyway to get motorcycle insurance with an English speaking agent in Seoul. Or is it just best done online with a Korean friends help. My Korean is actually decent (level 3 TOPIK) but not up to buying insurance. I have a Daerim Forte 125.

Thanks,
le-paul

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(I dont know if you still need advice as this is two weeks old...).

Go onto the FB group 'ROK riders in korea'. Youll be able to get a number. Some companies have English speakers (mine did) but Im sure your Korean will be good enough.

The first year I got insurance, I did it through a bike shop. Im pretty sure you can still do that - thats another option.
Drew345

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, I requested to join that group, looks like a great lead.
I post the question about how to get insurance after I get joined-in.
Thanks
Drew345

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:40 am    Post subject: riverside expressways? Reply with quote

I know motorcycles can't ride on the major expressways out of town.
What about the riverside expressways inside Seoul?
I know motorcycle can cross the bridges (or else they would be forever bound to one half of Seoul), what about the expressways running along the river between the bridges.
I just checked the directions to a job I am interested in, and I would have to ride the expressway from the Hapjeong Station area to the Yongsan area, and then cross the river. Or I could cross the river at the Hapjeong area over to Dangsan, and then ride the riverside expressway along Yeoedo to the Noryangjin area.
Thanks for any info on riding on the riverside expressways.
penguin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:28 am    Post subject: Women's summer MOTORBIKE PANTS for sale! Reply with quote

I'm selling a pair of women's summer motorbike pants, as they don't fit. W30,000.

Details and photos here: http://seoul.craigslist.co.kr/mcy/4432495339.html

Thanks!
Botasky

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know where there's a good bike gear shop in Busan? I need a decent jacket and gloves. I heard someone say there's a really big one somewhere but can't remember where they said it is.
Jessiemj93

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok so here is my situation.

I wont be teaching in Korea for about 2 years (i have a work contract here in the UK) and i am wanting to do my motorbike test (im 21) its taken this long because i had a pretty nasty bike accident when i was 12 and parent banned me from bikes.

If i get my licence. Am i able to apply and ride in Korea (being above 21) however only having about 2 years experience? How much would you say the process, and a half decent bike would cost?

Thank you for any replies. ^,^
SeoulMan99

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm about to sell my bike to another foreigner. I know that I must deregister it at my local 구청 office. I have the 이륜 자 동 차 사용 실고 핑증 ㅔpaper that shows that I am the owner. Is this the only paper I will need to take in there? Along with the license plate? Immigration currently has my ARC, so I'm hoping that I will be able to just use my passport. I can show them my visa with my ARC number in it.

Is there anything else I will have to do to help the guy who is buying the bike?
khalid_chavez

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jessiemj93

You can ride a sub-125cc bike with an International Driver's Permit for a year (or it might be 3 months, but I rode with mine for a year).

If you want anything bigger then you'll need to take the motorcycle test here. It's a royal pain in the backside. I don't like cruisers and the test is on a cruiser that you will never have had the chance to ride and they send you around a track to make sure you can control the bike.

Search for the video about the test track and it looks like a piece of cake but it took me 4 attempts and my colleague took 3. If you're not comfortable on a cruiser then you may need to fork out for a riding school course which will include the test at the end. It is a lot more expensive than just repeatedly taking the test. 7,500 won per test, about 300,000 won for the riding school.
MackieO

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure this is buried somewhere in this thread but can somebody give me a ballpark range on how much an average scooter/moped would cost? I am going to be living in Jeju.
supernaut

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, I need help, I drunkenly purchased a bike the other day (didn't drive it that night don't worry) for a steal of a price, but the catch is he couldn't find his papers. I'm about 98% sure it isn't a stolen bike, he just lost the papers while moving.

Is it possible for me to get this bike registered in my name?

About I year ago,I lost my wallet and my license was in there, how do I replace it? (It's a Korean Motorcycle license)
Bollocks

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I been looking at autotrader.ca and I've decided that the going rate for motorcycles in Canada is too flipping expensive.

Therefore I've decided to take advantage of my schoo's "has to pay you way home" policy to export my motorcycle along with myself back to Canada via https://www.freightercruises.com/seaworthy_news_1306.php#anchor_hanjin_geneva freighter cruises.

I figure they can't charge me more for shipping if I agree to store the bike in the room with me, right? Or at very least I might get to drive a motorcycle around a cargo ship. I don't know. Should be fun.

Anyway, Koreans tend to be reasonable and normal people when it comes to letting you do stuff. But in my experience Canadians are right pricks when it comes to border crossing. Are there any documents which can make the process easier?

I'm a licensed divemaster. Is it better to drop your bike offshore and swim out and retrieve it when nobody is looking? If so, how bad is reconditioning? North Atlantic Saltwater is hell, I'm told.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 179, 180, 181  Next
Page 180 of 181

Jump to: