Site Search:

TEFL International Supports Dave's ESL Cafe
TEFL Courses, TESOL Course, English Teaching Jobs - TEFL International
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Simon and Martina From EatyourKimchi.com
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swashbuckler

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:04 pm    Post subject: Simon and Martina From EatyourKimchi.com Reply with quote

Am I the only one who finds their YouTube videos the equivalent of nails on a chalkboard?..Seriously.. the annoying voices (why does the man always sound slightly gay?), the stupid mannerisms and facial expressions, the clown college outfits, the gushing over garbage K-pop..

Take this video they made on how "cheap" Korea can be..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nncwrOowSYo

Their information is just wrong and misleading so many levels...For example, who the hell would want to eat at Kimbok Cheonguk seven days a week??
Chalmers

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are Koreaboos. I was also under the impression that the guy was a homosexual until I saw they were married.

Agreed about how some of the info is misleading. It's funny how some foreigners here think they know everything, when most of their knowledge is actually 100% wrong.
cabeza

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you the only one who dislikes them? Yes.

Everyone here loves them. Marinas facial expressions while not talking are not retarded. They are endearing.
northway

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just don't get how they can be in Korea for so long and still be so damn fobby.
EZE

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Simon and Martina From EatyourKimchi.com Reply with quote

swashbuckler wrote:
Am I the only one who finds their YouTube videos the equivalent of nails on a chalkboard?..Seriously.. the annoying voices (why does the man always sound slightly gay?), the stupid mannerisms and facial expressions, the clown college outfits, the gushing over garbage K-pop.

I think they're so lame, but to their credit, they did get people to give them $100,000 to continue posting YouTube vids.
wanderkind

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Simon and Martina From EatyourKimchi.com Reply with quote

swashbuckler wrote:
Am I the only one who finds their YouTube videos the equivalent of nails on a chalkboard?..Seriously.. the annoying voices (why does the man always sound slightly gay?), the stupid mannerisms and facial expressions, the clown college outfits, the gushing over garbage K-pop..

Take this video they made on how "cheap" Korea can be..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nncwrOowSYo

Their information is just wrong and misleading so many levels...For example, who the hell would want to eat at Kimbok Cheonguk seven days a week??

"I don't like how they comport themselves and their opinions and interests don't parallel mine closely enough."

You seem to be pretty put out because they aren't your cup of tea, but if they weren't *someone's* cup of tea I doubt their business would sustain itself.

Just because it isn't yours doesn't make them reprehensible bastards. If they don't float your boat don't watch them. It really is that simple.

OR, if deeeeep deep down, by some chance, your irritation is actually rooted in envy that people less deserving than yourself are enjoying a modicum of success, then start writing and filming and get some of that Youtube money yourself!
...and then give me some... Razz
swashbuckler

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, what you're saying is that if I dye my hair pink and record myself in my concrete box talking about Shinee and Big Bang's new albums and how awesome it is that can buy 1,500 rolls of kimbab in Korea while making asshat facial expressions and then add some laser effects on a video software program later and upload it to Youtube that I can also be rich and famous too?
cabeza

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You forgot to mention the crooked fringe cut. But yes, do all those things and riches await ye.
3DR

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a fan, but hey, at least they aren't teaching in dead end hagwon jobs like so many here.

LOL @ the haters Laughing
Lucas

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm not a fan, but hey, at least they aren't teaching in dead end hagwon jobs like so many here.

LOL @ the haters

But they can crank the AC on full blast! Wink
3DR

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucas wrote:
Quote:

LOL @ the haters

But they can crank the AC on full blast! Wink

LOL
optik404

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why are some of you taking their YouTube videos so seriously? They're YouTube famous, they need to come up with corny ideas for that YouTube money.
atwood

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're just making them money every time you watch one of their videos. Ignore them, or as someone said, play the game and act the foreign fool and get on the gochujang train.
le-paul

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont like them either, so I watch something else.
SeoulNate

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never met any NETs that find them enjoyable, but I have met more than a few Koreans who like 'em. Go figure
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: