Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Are there any other teachers in Ulsan, or am I the only one?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The 5th Chipmunk

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 11:02 pm    Post subject: Are there any other teachers in Ulsan, or am I the only one? Reply with quote

I arrived in Ulsan two weeks ago and have seen a single freckled face anywhere. Are there any other teachers around here? I desperately need some fluent english conversation. If you fit the bill, please email me on [email protected].

Look forward to hearing from someone, anyone.
ulsanchris

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 12:53 am    Post subject: hmm Reply with quote

There are a lot of foreigners in ulsan. What part of the city do you live in. Two places to go to meet foreigners are tombstone and the royal anchor.
Tombstone is in Mugeodong. to get there get in a taxi and say ulsan dae hak kyo that should put you at the main gates of the university. cross the stree and go up to the first intersection and turn right. go straight for two or three blocks and go left. It is on the third floor of one of the buildings on the left hand side of the street.
YOu better bet is hte royal anchor. . get in a taxi and ask for the koreana hotel. get out at the corner of the koreana. once out of the taxi head down the street that is going away from the river. head down the street a few blocks (maybe four). THe royal anchor is on the left hand side on the second floor.
hope this helps
U.S.A.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 6:20 am    Post subject: website Reply with quote

For more info on Ulsan, check out www.TheUlsanWeb.com. The old owner is now in America and the new guy running the site hasn't updated it much but there is a fair amount of info about life there for expats and where they run.

To feel like you're back in North America, visit the foreigners' compound www.ulsan-korea.com in Bang-o-jin. Lots of families and mostly engineers. Generally and older set of people but good folks nonetheless.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: