Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How hard is it to find an apartment?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gjk08

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 6:02 pm    Post subject: How hard is it to find an apartment? Reply with quote

My housing is only for 3 months, and after the 3 mnths the company i will be working for pays $300,000 won stipend for rent and up to 5,000,000 won for a key deposit. I will be in Seoul, and will not need anything luxurious. Any ideas of what it's gonna cost me? I just want to be prepared!
weatherman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2003 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With that money, you can get a pretty nice one room. Granted it will not be great, but it will be your own place.
katydid

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2003 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

weatherman wrote:
With that money, you can get a pretty nice one room. Granted it will not be great, but it will be your own place.

With the possibility of cable, and regular hot water. No guarantee on how loud your neighbors will be though. Wink
weatherman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2003 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

katydid wrote:

With the possibility of cable, and regular hot water. No guarantee on how loud your neighbors will be though. Wink

I know where you're coming from Katydid, and I can say that in general the walls are pretty adequate outside of paper constructed dorms in South Korea. And yes, hot water, air-con, and cable..
Squid

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2003 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gjk08, I hope you have modest tastes in dwellings on 5m key money. I've posted before about exorbitant "key money" charges, which basically goes into a term deposit for the landlord to make the interest as income, but that is'nt your problem- 5m is laughable and won't get you a doghouse- prove me wrong- please!

My wife and I just shelled out 10m key money and pay 200,000 a month for an apartment which is old, was not clean, and has most of the windows dropping out...ahhh first home bliss!

Best of luck!

Squid
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: