Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Exit order extension

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SanatKumara

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 6:15 pm    Post subject: Exit order extension Reply with quote

I was fired from my job (which is a whole different story) so I went to immigration and cancelled my E-2 Visa. So, of course, I got an exit order and have to leave by 8/22. I now have a new school and they are in the process of getting my paperwork from immigration for a visa run to Japan. I went to immigration yesterday with a ticket in my hand dated for 8/29 for me to go to Japan and they refused to give me a one week extension on my exit order dated for 8/22.

Does anyone have any knowledge or advice regarding this situation. My new school wants to send me to China for a few hours on Friday so I can get out of the country and come back in with a tourist Visa and then next week go to Japan. They are not too happy about having to spend all this money on me and I would like to find out if there is anyway I can get a one week extension to avoid having to go to China. Thanks!
The Great Wall of Whiner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Call me crazy, but if they have already stated they will not give you an extention, that probably means...um..well...they will not give you an extention.

There is no way.
Gord

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Great Wall of Whiner wrote:
Call me crazy, but if they have already stated they will not give you an extention, that probably means...um..well...they will not give you an extention.

There is no way.

Be quiet, you voice of reason!

That said, take a holiday. Why spend a couple hours? Head to Japan and stay the entire week!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: