Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WARNING: Foreigners are Being Watched!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 33, 34, 35  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lonely & looking

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing oh man. I can't stop laughing. HAHAHHAHAHAHAH. This guy killed me. hahahahahahhahahhahah
Whistleblower

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone should try to call Charles and pretend that you know someone who is doing private tutoring. The more calls he receives with misinformation the more he chance he would take down the sign.

Btw, his telephone number is:

011 312 3493

He will get pi**ed!!!!

Smile
babtangee

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lonely & looking wrote:
HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA Laughing Laughing Laughing

First of all, the sign is written poorly (being watched, not watched, illegal - legal...etc.). Second of all, I just called them to let them know about their poor English. Everyone here should call Charles. HAHAHHAHAHA. That guy started yelling at me in English asking me if I was an illegal teacher and that he was going to get me. lol. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Ha ha. We should call them. Report privates taking place at random locations. They will be busy as hell chasing wild geese.
Teufelswacht

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure "Charles" at 011-312-3493 (the tel# on the banner) would like to speak with as many foreign devils, uhhh..... I mean English teachers, as possible. Hint hint.
Whistleblower

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another meeting from the daejeon foreign language school association:

It makes me sick that a bunch of Koreans dictate how English should be taught! Sad
BuHaoChi

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by BuHaoChi on Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cheonmunka

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Korean part says all English tutorial classes by foreigners are illegal. Well, that's wrong.
icnelly

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scare tactic style sh*t like this depresses me. WTF?!?!

Why don't they actually do something about it? No, they'd rather harrass the foreigners with that crap. Nice going chumps...

Does this piss anyone else off?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
babtangee

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheonmunka wrote:
The Korean part says all English tutorial classes by foreigners are illegal. Well, that's wrong.

What? A hagwon association in error? Get. Out. Of. Here!
babtangee

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whistleblower wrote:

Whistleblower, you've blown it again. The first damn thing the sign reads is "Daegu". What the hell, man.
merkurix

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

babtangee wrote:
Lonely & looking wrote:
HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA Laughing Laughing Laughing

First of all, the sign is written poorly (being watched, not watched, illegal - legal...etc.). Second of all, I just called them to let them know about their poor English. Everyone here should call Charles. HAHAHHAHAHA. That guy started yelling at me in English asking me if I was an illegal teacher and that he was going to get me. lol. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Ha ha. We should call them. Report privates taking place at random locations. They will be busy as hell chasing wild geese.

Even better, someone should document all of the prank calls and conversation as well as the false alarms with a video camera and post it on YouTube, then let the K-Netizens eat it up. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
tzechuk

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has nothing to do with the immigration. The sign clearly says the reward money comes from the so-called DFA - the Daejeon Foreign Language School Association (why isn't it called the DFLSA?) - which isn't immigration.

I know the going-ons in this *DFA*. I dealt with the *head* of this association and he is a complete shit. He told me / my ex boss friend that he knew people inside the Daejeon immi officer blah blah blah and that he would be able to get me the permission to work no problem (I was on F2) and he fucked it all up and in the end, it was my husband who straightened everything out.

They don't do much except get together, drink soju and think of bad things to do to their foreign teachers.
merkurix

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tzechuk wrote:
This has nothing to do with the immigration. The sign clearly says the reward money comes from the so-called DFA - the Daejeon Foreign Language School Association (why isn't it called the DFLSA?) - which isn't immigration.

I know the going-ons in this *DFA*. I dealt with the *head* of this association and he is a complete *beep*. He told me / my ex boss friend that he knew people inside the Daejeon immi officer blah blah blah and that he would be able to get me the permission to work no problem (I was on F2) and he *beep* it all up and in the end, it was my husband who straightened everything out.

They don't do much except get together, drink soju and think of bad things to do to their foreign teachers.

I agree. If some hagwons don't EVEN like to pay their employees properly (or well for that matter), why should people believe that this hagwon group of wonjangnims is more than willing to fork out a wad of cash (in American/Canadian cash I might add?) to a stoolie?
mindmetoo

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bigs wrote:
BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Laughing Laughing

Koreans teaching privates are legally prosecued?? Rolling Eyes Bring on the day they try to bugger up a F visa holder - OR KOREAN NATIONAL!! Shocked Laughing

Scaremongering at its finest

Didn't the Busan cops try to do that? Ran some ads and then arrested everyone who showed up, not bothering to check if they had a F2 or E2 visa...
SuperHero

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whistleblower wrote:
Everyone should try to call Charles and pretend that you know someone who is doing private tutoring. The more calls he receives with misinformation the more he chance he would take down the sign.

Btw, his telephone number is:

011 312 3493

He will get pi**ed!!!!

Smile

yeah, let's fight stupidity with stupidity. good call.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 5 of 35

Jump to: