Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korea Herald Gets Bashed on CNN
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sid

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gwangjuboy wrote:

When I referred to Reading and London I was referring to buying property because it is cheaper than renting. As I said previously, one couldn't find decent property in Reading for less than 600 million won. The top end of the market could cost you upwards of 1 million pounds. If one were to rent then expect to pay 300,000 won per week minimum.

Sorry to be pedantic but I'm guessing you don't know Reading that well? While definitely superior to, say, Bristol, it's not exactly posh stockbroker belt territory. There's property all over town for less than 150 grand. Just wanted to defend my home(ish) town against acccusations of poshness.
Butterfly

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sid wrote:
While definitely superior to, say, Bristol, it's not exactly posh stockbroker belt territory.

What's the matter with Bristol?
Gwangjuboy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="sidSorry to be pedantic but I'm guessing you don't know Reading that well? While definitely superior to, say, Bristol, it's not exactly posh stockbroker belt territory. There's property all over town for less than 150 grand. Just wanted to defend my home(ish) town against acccusations of poshness.[/quote]

Of course Reading is part of the commuter belt. I am sure that some of it isn't (university area perhaps) but in general the county of Berkshire is expensive. Maybe Buckinghamhire would have been a better example. I have just had a look on an estate agent's website. I concede that one could buy for less than 150 grand but in general those properties were for first time buyers, and weren't very big (studio flats). However, there were numerous houses going for over 600,000 pounds. That isn't expensive?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: