Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fine Dining?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kylehawkins2000

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 11:04 pm    Post subject: Fine Dining? Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm looking for a place to go and splurge a little. An international restaurant in the 4 or 5 star category is in order. I'm looking for a place near Kangnam.

Has anyone eaten at any of the restaurants in any of the big hotels? Anyone been to the Sky Lounge at the Intercontinental by the COEX mall?

How's the food and what kind of prices can I expect?

Thanks all!

Peace,

K
The Marchioness

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Hey Kyle

O'Kims in Apkejeong (sp) is very very nice; they have a buffet of many international foods. Price is around 30,000.

The Westin Chosun hotel: pricey, but very classy.

There is an Italian place next to the German Goethe Institute - north Seoul. I think it's called Vino Rosas or Vito Rosas or something like that (it's been a while); gorgeous location, the service is positively impeccable, extremely pricey (but what the hell?); the wine list is astounding for selection, but expect to drop a bundle! However, if you stick to a c*o*c*k*tail (only one, more's the pity), and a light luncheon, you'll come out feeling about 40,000 or so lighter and you'll also feel like a prince.

Bon Appetit
the sims

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chakra is nice if you're into Indian foods. sorry the address and area escape me at the moment. Shocked
HardyandTiny

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you're alone, well...i don't know.
if you finally decided to bed down that guy who gave you a massage..take him to the novotel and order room service
the whole thing will run ya 280,000W
Draven

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 6:51 am    Post subject: Re: Fine Dining? Reply with quote

kylehawkins2000 wrote:

Has anyone eaten at any of the restaurants in any of the big hotels? Anyone been to the Sky Lounge at the Intercontinental by the COEX mall?

I took the wife (then g/f) to the French restaurant on the top floor of the Intercontinental Hotel, although I'm not sure if it was called the Sky Lounge. Anyways, it was everything you'd expect from a place like that. Food, drink, and service were all spectacular, and, of course, accompanied by a spectacular bill. All told, our bill was close to 300,000 won, and that was over two years ago.
camel96

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HardyandTiny wrote:
if you finally decided to bed down that guy who gave you a massage..take him to the novotel and order room service
the whole thing will run ya 280,000W

Laughing You're a classic H&T Laughing
kylehawkins2000

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HardyandTiny,

Isn't it time to let that one go?

I'm looking for a place to take my girlfriend!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: