Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Psychiatrist, counselor counsellor therapy in Seoul thread.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harpeau

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Mike Kim (Itaewon Int. Clinic), Dr. Linton (Severance Hospital), among others, were educated and/or practiced in the West and are very clear with boundaries and confidentiality. Be very careful with some Korean doctors~ especially outside of Seoul/Gyonggi-do that really do not understand confidentiality laws. Best of luck!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Michelle

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: I found this list...it might be helpful... Reply with quote

Hi There,

I like this...hope it is current.

http://ahskorea.com/
ahs

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: update on counseling services at AHS (Spanish & Portugue Reply with quote

This is not a specific response to this thread but an updated list of the English therapy team at Adaptable Human Solutions. We have 2 therapy teams (native English & native Korean, and currently also Spanish & Portuguese) made up of licensed therapists with a variety of backgrounds. AHS abides by the strictest of N. American professional ethics; confidentiality is assured. AHS is not a medical facility but works with local psychiatrists for medication monitoring. All team members are trained and licensed in North America, and most were born and raised there. For more info, please visit us at ahskorea.com
mnjetter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anybody know where I can get a light therapy box in Korea? Preferably one with white and not blue lights. I tried surviving last winter here without my lightbox from the states, and it wasn't a happy period of my life. I could get mine shipped from the states, but with the amount of care and packaging it would need, it would not be much more expensive to just buy a new one (assuming they are the same-ish in price range as back home).
wanderkind

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there any sort of English language, psychiatric/counseling hotline currently available?

A friend of mine is making serious threats of self-harm, I need somewhere to put them in touch with as soon as possible.
Milwaukiedave

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In terms of cognitive therapy I wanted to make a suggestion to those who can't afford it, or would like to try it on their own.

The Feeling Good Handbook by Dr. David D. Burns is a good resource. It can be obtained via The Book Depository and is approximately $20.

Of course it goes without saying, if you are in a crisis situation make sure to find someone to talk to immediately.
guavashake

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a psychiatry resource for Seoul and the world...

Ford Hood shooter was on psych meds, just like nearly all other mass shooters

http://www.naturalnews.com/044574_Fort_Hood_psych_meds_mass_shooters.html

Army Secretary John McHugh, the U.S. Army's top civilian official, said the soldier did not see combat during his deployment. The shooter also appeared to have no connections to extremist groups, McHugh said.

Indeed, Lopez's psych examination revealed no violent tendencies, according to reports; McHugh said he had been prescribed Ambien for sleep issues.

As Natural News editor Mike Adams, the Health Ranger, has reported, "Ambien is the powerful mind-altering drug known to contribute to 'sleep driving' and other bizarre events where patients taking the drug wake up to find themselves driving around town, shopping or walking the sidewalks in their sleepwear."

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/044574_Fort_Hood_psych_meds_mass_shooters.html#ixzz30csgJ91t
guavashake

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Marketing of Madness: The Truth About Psychotropic Drugs

The Marketing of Madness is the definitive documentary on the psychiatric drugging industry. Here is the real story of the high income partnership between psychiatry and drug companies that has created an $80 billion psychotropic drug profit center.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgCpa1RlSdQ
jpe

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there any kind of therapy that's covered by the National Health Insurance? I know they're not supposed to cover counselling.

If not, what is the typical rate before I even bother?
Harpeau

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jpe wrote:
Is there any kind of therapy that's covered by the National Health Insurance? I know they're not supposed to cover counselling.

If not, what is the typical rate before I even bother?

Meeting a psychiatrist that is an M.D. (doctor) will most likely have partial coverage.

Whereas counselors/therapists will typically charge anywhere between 80,000 - 300,000 won per hour. You might also check with web counseling as well. Be very careful that the therapist is well-trained. Ask lots of questions and make sure that it's a good fit for you.

Best of luck to you!

www.harpo.ca
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: