Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

iHerb shipping?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DanseurVertical

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:03 am    Post subject: iHerb shipping? Reply with quote

The CJ GLS option seems no longer to exist. Does anyone know about this, or what has happened?

iHerb in California, of course, knows 'nothing' and so refers me to the iHerb Korea office. I wrote to them as well, and no reply after a couple days.
travelnguy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got a package from iHerb using the CJ GLS option. I ordered three large bottles of Whey Protein on Thursday afternoon. I got a call on Friday asking for my ARC number and I received the package on Tuesday.

On Wednesday, I decided to order something else and CJ GLS was no longer an option. So, I chose Direct Korean Postal. It was cheaper and should only take a day or two longer.
weso1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I tried yesterday (and was about to make a post about it!)

CJ is still an option, but you need a Korean "cosignee" meaning a Korean willing to give you their address, phone number, and registration number.

What is the deal? It's like as soon as Korea sees something becoming popular from outside, they try to shut it out and force you to buy what's in country.

Anyway, I ended up just choosing international airmail. Should be here in a week, which is only slightly longer than the old way.
DanseurVertical

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

weso1 wrote:
Yeah I tried yesterday (and was about to make a post about it!)

CJ is still an option, but you need a Korean "cosignee" meaning a Korean willing to give you their address, phone number, and registration number.

What is the deal? It's like as soon as Korea sees something becoming popular from outside, they try to shut it out and force you to buy what's in country.

Anyway, I ended up just choosing international airmail. Should be here in a week, which is only slightly longer than the old way.

I also went with the generic airmail option. Unfortunately, it can be rather slow. Usually about 2 weeks (since it travels east from California)
DanseurVertical

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

travelnguy wrote:
I just got a package from iHerb using the CJ GLS option. I ordered three large bottles of Whey Protein on Thursday afternoon. I got a call on Friday asking for my ARC number and I received the package on Tuesday.

On Wednesday, I decided to order something else and CJ GLS was no longer an option. So, I chose Direct Korean Postal. It was cheaper and should only take a day or two longer.

Are you a resident? Or did you ship it under a resident's name? I would prefer that option as well, but a resident (as opposed to alien) registration number is required.
The Cosmic Hum

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently, by Friday they will be accepting both Korean and foreign ID numbers.

Some glitch in the system from this new delivery method.

Hope it is fixed as quickly as they say.

Go iherb!

I'll be damning them on my next post if they make a liar out of me. Wink

Quote:
Dear customer.

We are going to fix the system and allow Direct Postal service to all customer ( resident and foreigners ) This work will be done by late Friday (PST), so please wait little more.

Thank you
plato's republic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I emailed them to ask why I was no longer able to use CJ or even the international airmail option and was told the same thing, that by tomorrow (Friday 13th) even foreigners will be able to use the Korean postal service. Here's hoping.
plato's republic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I tried to make an order this evening but it still won't recognise my ARC ID number, and no longer gives me any other shipping options. Anyone else experiencing the same problems? If they screw this great system up I'll be mightily p%*$&d!
Why did iHerb allow Koreans to get involved in the process, it harbors nothing but trouble.
R. S. Refugee

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plato's republic wrote:
Well I tried to make an order this evening but it still won't recognise my ARC ID number, and no longer gives me any other shipping options. Anyone else experiencing the same problems? If they screw this great system up I'll be mightily p%*$&d!
Why did iHerb allow Koreans to get involved in the process, it harbors nothing but trouble.

Koreans were involved before in terms of giving great, economical service through a Korean well-known shipping company called CJ.This Korean Postal service they are using now appears to be even cheaper than CJ was and they don't limit it to just 6 items anymore, but just a limit of 6 for supplements/vitamins only. But, they still don't have the order thing fixed yet to accommodate ARC numbers, but it is still Friday, PST, so maybe they'll get it done soon.

Ordering through someone else like Mercola.com is impossible unless you don't mind 4 to 5 times as much just for the shipping charges. So, iHerb will most likely continue to be the GREAT deal once they get this ARC number entry glitch fixed.
grandpa

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

R. S. Refugee wrote:
plato's republic wrote:

Koreans were involved before in terms of giving great, economical service through a Korean well-known shipping company called CJ.This Korean Postal service they are using now appears to be even cheaper than CJ was and they don't limit it to just 6 items anymore, but just a limit of 6 for supplements/vitamins only. But, they still don't have the order thing fixed yet to accommodate ARC numbers, but it is still Friday, PST, so maybe they'll get it done soon.

Ordering through someone else like Mercola.com is impossible unless you don't mind 4 to 5 times as much just for the shipping charges. So, iHerb will most likely continue to be the GREAT deal once they get this ARC number entry glitch fixed.

iHerb states that "you will be asked to provide a copy of your passport by the custom broker before your order can be delivered".

Do you provide your ARC number AND a copy of your passport? If you are to provide a copy of your passport, then how do you submit it to the customs broker?
The Cosmic Hum

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

grandpa wrote:
R. S. Refugee wrote:
plato's republic wrote:

iHerb states that "you will be asked to provide a copy of your passport by the custom broker before your order can be delivered".

Do you provide your ARC number AND a copy of your passport? If you are to provide a copy of your passport, then how do you submit it to the customs broker?

I suggest not accepting this as a mode of delivery.

It is discriminatory and needs to be rectified.
Absolutely unacceptable.

Iherb has really dropped the ball on this one. Hard to believe they would stop using CJ only to replace it with a system as poorly thought out as this.
Terribly disappointed to hear this latest news. Crying or Very sad
plato's republic

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe a number of email complaints might have an effect Question
R. S. Refugee

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plato's republic wrote:
Maybe a number of email complaints might have an effect Question

Sunday, Jan. 15th result: "Resident Registration Number is not Valid !"

They now have my email complaint.
weso1

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time for an email blast. Date: Monday, Jan. 16.

I don't think we need a script or anything, just keep your message short and to the point. Try to convey that everything was just fine the way it was before and everyone like it that way. Try not to be rude, but let them know if it doesn't go back or doesn't get the kinks worked out, there are other avenues we could buy our things through. A number of iherb copycats are up now, so for the herbal things it shouldn't be too hard to find a replacement. And for the more bodybuilding related items, mass119 is still a good alternative. Use multiple email addresses if you have them.

Time to harness the power of the internet. Ready... 시작!
weso1

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

double post
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: