Site Search:

TEFL International Supports Dave's ESL Cafe
TEFL Courses, TESOL Course, English Teaching Jobs - TEFL International
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Buying KORAIL tickets online?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Luna

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:12 pm    Post subject: Buying KORAIL tickets online? Reply with quote

I am trying to buy a train ticket to Busan for next month and one to Daechon for this weekend.

I can't find anywhere on this site to sign up for a membership so that I could log in to actually purchase a ticket.
http://english.barota.com/

I've looked on the main KORAIL english site as well. I could get a teacher to help me sign up for everything in Korean - but I really don't want to be dependent on my teachers to make travel plans.
http://www.korail.go.kr/ROOT/main-top.top?lang=eng

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I'm getting really frustrated. I've even called and the line is busy.

I've decided to go buy the tickets in person after school today - but I really would like to be able to buy tickets online in the future. Does everyone buy tickets in person?

I didn't realize until later I probably should have posted this in the travel forum.

Sorry - I was really flustered and I forgot.
Confused
Bibbitybop

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I know, foreigners can't do it. You would need to use a Korean's ID to reserve/purchase tickets online. Other than that, you must go visit the site yourself.

You'd think a nation struggling to boost tourism would let people reserve/buy tickets online, right?
Harpeau

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bibbitybop, if you don't know jack, then don't say dick!

You have to go to a major KTX train station and buy a KORAIL Membership card. You'll probably need your Arc card as ID. It'll cost you 20,000 won and I believe it's a lifetime membership. You can then order KTX tickets On-line or from the Kiosks at the station. (If you have a major credit card.) It's very handy. I think that there might be a 5% discount (or only if your booking a "backward seat"). There are points that you collect, but don't know much about that.

Good luck to you.

Bibbitybop wrote:
From what I know, foreigners can't do it. You would need to use a Korean's ID to reserve/purchase tickets online. Other than that, you must go visit the site yourself.

You'd think a nation struggling to boost tourism would let people reserve/buy tickets online, right?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
indytrucks

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What Harpeau said. My wife and I both have one. We got them at the Cheonan/Asan KTX station. I don't know if the card only applies to KTX tickets, as I've never bought Saemaul or Mugunghwa tickets with it.

some idiot wrote:

You obviously don't know very much. Moron.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: