Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

It's a longshot, I know.....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkhorse_NZ

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:11 am    Post subject: It's a longshot, I know..... Reply with quote

does anyone where I can find any New Zealand beer? if you don't know what New Zealand beer is. Has anyone seen beers called, Steinlager, Monteiths, Lion Red, Tui anything that comes from NZ anywhere, cheers

I know it's a longshot, but don't ask, don't get...
swetepete

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure I've seen Steinlager in department stores. I know for sure I've seen Aussie brews at emart--not fosters either, but something half decent. Name eludes me though, sorry.

IMHO Pilsner Urquell (czech) is still the best import semi-widely available here. Becks (not that horrible dark piss, mind you) is your best bet for the local shops.

Oh yeah, the overpriced WABar chain has Steinlager for sure, come to think of it. Kind of unpredictable selection they have, but there's always something good. A couple decent Kraut brews and a bit of Belgian, plus my aforementioned Czech sauce.
jinks

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WTF?
I thought you liked beer! Why then, do you have Lion Red as your avatar? Thank god they don't have that swill here. Hite is bad enough. You'll be pleased to know that the "This is Lion Country" board on the rail bridge at the bottom of Ngauranga Gorge (wgtn) has disappeared lately.
Try the New Zealand shop/cafe/language school in Seoul, you're bound to be able to get Steinlager there.
darkhorse_NZ

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jinks wrote:
WTF?
I thought you liked beer! Why then, do you have Lion Red as your avatar? Thank god they don't have that swill here. Hite is bad enough. You'll be pleased to know that the "This is Lion Country" board on the rail bridge at the bottom of Ngauranga Gorge (wgtn) has disappeared lately.
Try the New Zealand shop/cafe/language school in Seoul, you're bound to be able to get Steinlager there.

nothing wrong with the red bro, what's the local fave in wellingotn anyway?

actually, the request is not for me, I'm going up to the DMZ soon and will probably have the opportunity to meet some Kiwi officers up there, I was told to take them something from home so that'd be nice.

I got some packets of ETA ripples chips ( I dont think they're NZ but still) in a package from home but i aint sharing, mang!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: