Site Search:

TEFL International Supports Dave's ESL Cafe
TEFL Courses, TESOL Course, English Teaching Jobs - TEFL International
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"How I Met Your Mother" ending properly explained.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sector7G

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:20 am    Post subject: "How I Met Your Mother" ending properly explained. Reply with quote

........is what I should have posted for April Fool's day.

No, I did not see the finale. I only watched the show a couple times - seemed decent enough. It's just that I did not want to get into another series.

But apparently the last show is getting blasted as one of the worst endings ever.

What do you think, HIMYM fans?
Deja

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not just the worst ending ever, but the least interesting episode as well.

Either it's not an ending, and they plan to make more seasons, or a sequel... this "ending" is just... meeeeh.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aren't sitcom endings usually lame?

Cosby Show, lame.
Cheers, lame.
Seinfeld, super-lame
Friends, lame.

Not sure if we can really consider it a sitcom, but MASH is the only ending I can remember that was anywhere near decent. (I guess it can be called a sitcom)
rainman3277

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Newbie wrote:

Cosby Show, lame.
Cheers, lame.
Seinfeld, super-lame
Friends, lame.

Not sure if we can really consider it a sitcom, but MASH is the only ending I can remember that was anywhere near decent. (I guess it can be called a sitcom)

At least those shows had some originality of characters which made them memorable. Primetime sitcoms like HIMYM, 2 1/2 Men and the new piece of garbage like, Friends with Better Lives, are totally cookie cutter with loaded on laugh track. The only character that made HIMYM worth watching was Barney. You could have lifted out every other actor and replaced them without skipping a beat. With the exception of the Barney character, that show was awful. I'm not a fan of Modern Family, but I can appreciate the writing, acting and original concept of that sitcom.
salutbonjour

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last season sucked so that they could fit in character growth, but then in the last episode they threw away all the character growth so that they could have Ted and Robin together. This made a boring season feel even more frustrating.
wishfullthinkng

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the ending of six feet under was easily a monumental final episode. easily the best i've ever seen.
Sector7G

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wishfullthinkng wrote:
the ending of six feet under was easily a monumental final episode. easily the best i've ever seen.
I agree. They tied up all the loose ends in a satisfying way.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rainman3277 wrote:
Newbie wrote:

Cosby Show, lame.
Cheers, lame.
Seinfeld, super-lame
Friends, lame.

At least those shows had some originality of characters which made them memorable. Primetime sitcoms like HIMYM, 2 1/2 Men and the new piece of garbage like, Friends with Better Lives, are totally cookie cutter with loaded on laugh track. The only character that made HIMYM worth watching was Barney. You could have lifted out every other actor and replaced them without skipping a beat. With the exception of the Barney character, that show was awful. I'm not a fan of Modern Family, but I can appreciate the writing, acting and original concept of that sitcom.

Don't get me wrong, I liked all these shows. Heck, could watch them all again now and still like them (except "Friends". I know I used to like it, but it's painful to watch now). It's just their finales I thought were all lame.

As for the cookie cutter: seems like "Friends" was the mould they're all trying to emulate.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: