Site Search:

TEFL International Supports Dave's ESL Cafe
TEFL Courses, TESOL Course, English Teaching Jobs - TEFL International
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chinese tourist physically disrespects a temple in Thailand
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
young_clinton

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:24 pm    Post subject: Chinese tourist physically disrespects a temple in Thailand Reply with quote

http://www.ibtimes.com/chinese-tourists-behaving-badly-thailand-police-hunting-bell-kicking-culprit-video-1824904

Notice how he treats the temple property with contempt. It doesn't surprise me that something like this comes out of China.
Hokie21

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"It will take some time to say whether the tourist is actually Chinese," Chuan Patwan, the temple’s administrator said, according to local news source Khaosod. He did not witness the kicking but saw the video. "But judging from his style, he was kicking his feet with so much agility, it was like kung fu."

Laughing
andrewchon

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMHO: That had to be a Korean. $ Laughing $
Died By Bear

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After watching the other video a bit down the page, I have a whole new respect for Korean tourists. Those Chinese fights were epic. I love the way they mention how a Chinese newspaper went and found photos of westerners posing naked, pissing on the side of the road next to their tour bus, showing that the Chinese aren't the only ones behaving badly.
CentralCali

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Died By Bear wrote:
After watching the other video a bit down the page, I have a whole new respect for Korean tourists. Those Chinese fights were epic. I love the way they mention how a Chinese newspaper went and found photos of westerners posing naked, pissing on the side of the road next to their tour bus, showing that the Chinese aren't the only ones behaving badly.

What's not mentioned in that newspaper is that the Chinese tourists nearby are doing the very same things, even right there in China.
aq8knyus

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best tourists are those that spend the most money and fund the businesses and economies of the places they are visiting.

Bad behaviour is not limited to the Chinese.

Whether it is boozed up Brits in Europe treating the Med and East like one giant brothel/pub/toilet or Australians and Americans being themselves and treating everything and everyone with contempt, poorly behaved tourists are common.

The only thing that matters is that they spend money and the Chinese certainly spend a ton, so they should get a pass for the crazies.
BigBuds

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aq8knyus wrote:
Australians and Americans being themselves and treating everything and everyone with contempt, poorly behaved tourists are common.

That the first I've heard that about Australians, Americans yeah, but never heard anyone say that about Aussies before.

Aussies just being themselves, hey. You've obviously not met too many Aussies then or just been real unlucky with the ones you have met.
BigBuds

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aq8knyus wrote:

The only thing that matters is that they spend money and the Chinese certainly spend a ton, so they should get a pass for the crazies.

That's one the dumbest things I've ever heard anyone say period.

So going by your thinking, If I'm on vacation with my wife and son in Thailand, I should have to put up with down right rude, disgusting Chinese tourists just because they are spending money there. Not that all Chinese tourists are that way.

Yeah right! My family and I should be able to go somewhere on vacation without having to deal with large numbers of ill-mannered idiots no matter what nationality they are or how much they spend.

If people want to travel they should be well mannered and respectful of the culture they are in at the time. In this day and age, it doesn't take much to find out a little about the dos and don'ts of other cultures. Some people should never be allowed passports no matter how much money they spend.
tophatcat

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigBuds wrote:
aq8knyus wrote:
Australians and Americans being themselves and treating everything and everyone with contempt, poorly behaved tourists are common.

That the first I've heard that about Australians, Americans yeah, but never heard anyone say that about Aussies before.

Aussies just being themselves, hey. You've obviously not met too many Aussies then or just been real unlucky with the ones you have met.

I'm American, and I will say that Americans are a mixed bag. They seem to vary a lot. But, my experience has been that Australians are some of the nicest people you will ever meet.
aq8knyus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigBuds wrote:
That's one the dumbest things I've ever heard anyone say period.

What that Chinese tourists spend huge amounts of money and that we should overlook the crazy behaviour of a minority???

BigBuds wrote:
Yeah right! My family and I should be able to go somewhere on vacation without having to deal with large numbers of ill-mannered idiots no matter what nationality they are or how much they spend.

You don't deserve anything bad to happen to you, but you are wrong about the importance of big spenders.

Tourists who dont buy from local vendors, spend money on local services and generally scrimp every penny are to be despised. Especially if you are going to a 3rd world country like Thailand.

I still remember people haggling over a couple of quid with a guy selling bread on the side of the road.

BigBuds wrote:
If people want to travel they should be well mannered and respectful of the culture they are in at the time. In this day and age, it doesn't take much to find out a little about the dos and don'ts of other cultures. Some people should never be allowed passports no matter how much money they spend.

Sure it is nice if they are well mannered, but as we can see in Korea, it is much more important that they spend like crazy.
aq8knyus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigBuds wrote:
aq8knyus wrote:

I have lived in both London and Australia and I can tell you that they deserve to be included on the list of rude tourists along with Brits and Yanks.
Stain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the aq8knyus and BigBuds debate post. We advise that you make your posts relevant to this thread. Any posts regarding the original post will be immediately ignored and subjected to harsh circumlocution regarding aforementioned debate.
aq8knyus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stain wrote:
Welcome to the aq8knyus and BigBuds debate post. We advise that you make your posts relevant to this thread. Any posts regarding the original post will be immediately ignored and subjected to harsh circumlocution regarding aforementioned debate.

I am terribly sorry, from now on I promise my comments will be purely devoted to slagging off the Chinese people as the worst tourists for the actions of a minority.

Thread back on track!!!
metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigBuds wrote:
aq8knyus wrote:

Aussies have a horrendous reputation in S-E Asia, what rock have you been living under?

Also, Aussies have replaced Canadians as the most annoying nationalists out there, starting every second sentence with, 'In Australia blah blah blah'. No one cares about your stupid meat pies and whiny accents I can assure you. Sad day all around when it's more bearable and pleasant to be around Kiwis at a bar, but so it is.
happyinhenan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Anglosphere make pretty crap tourists, the worst are the Irish - probably not towards the locals but amongst other tourists - their 'ooh we love the craic so we do, and everyone loves us' oh *beep* off you bunch of smug cunts.

And the Irish teachers in Korea who bang on about how the British are wankers whilst making a living teaching the queens English. Laughing

I don't think there has been a Chinese/Korean/Russian tourist who has behaved as badly as that Brit tourist in Latvia who pissed on the monument to their national hero.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2009/aug/05/british-tourists-riga-latvia
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: