Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Documents needed for the F-4 VISA?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daisydew

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:26 pm    Post subject: switch from e2 to f4? Reply with quote

I am a half korean trying to get through all of this paperwork! does anyone have an idea how long it takes to get an f-4 visa after you get the paper saying you've renounced your korean citizenship (or in this case, my mom's- we're waiting on a relative to send it).

or should i just go for the E2 and switch to an F4 after i get there? i was also planning on doing a 1 way ticket, then find a job after i get there. will that cause problems with immigration? i was planning on booking a ticket 2 months from now. is that enough time to get either one of these visas?
daisydew

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:28 pm    Post subject: HELP! f-4, relinquishing korean citizenship Reply with quote

Okay, I think I have some other things figured out now. It doesn't seem like getting an F-4 visa would be the difficult IF you've already renounced korean citizenship, but in my case, i haven't (rather, my mother hasn't i'm a halfie, an american citizen).

I'm waiting now on a copy of the hojuk frmo my aunt in korea. hopefully that will get here this next week. Then My mom has to fill out this form to 'relinquish the korean citizenship'. she needs that along with a bunch of other junk (u.s. citizenship, passport?, name change, etc) to relinquish her citizenship.

My question is how long doe sthat really take? on the form online (and the lady at the consulate who wasn't veyr nice) said it would take 2-3 months! just for that alone! after i get that, it's still going to take me time to fill out MY visa app & hand in all of that paperwork, which hopefully then won't take a long time.

Does anyone have experience or knows how long it takes to submit the 'relinquishing citizenship' form ? then after that how long it would take to get my visa? i am planning on leaving in just 2 months and dont have time!!
skim234

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to pile on with more questions, but...

-I am a Korean-American born in the US to Korean parents
-I am currently in Seoul (since Sept 19th) looking to teach English
-I think I found a job but the employer wants me to apply for the F4

Can someone tell me what I need to do to apply for the F4 while in Korea?
def PD

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I apologize about spamming the forums, but I figure I may increase my chances at getting an answer if I post in different sections of the board.

Question regarding the F4 visa documentation.

For the family tree/register do I need the information for both parents?

Also, regarding the birth certificate, does it need to be the original, or will the long form suffice? If the long form will suffice, does it need to be apostilled?

In addition, does the FBI background documentation need to be apostilled as well?

I myself am trying to get an F4 visa as well.

Thank in advance!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: