Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where is the McDonalds Breakfast in Korea???
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mack the knife

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gajackson1,

Holy Shiite Muslim!! I'm from Kuykendahl!! Grew up there!! And I'll give a dollar to any mother on this board (not from H-town) who can pronounce that word correctly!!
Tiberious aka Sparkles

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The McD's in Jongno, near the YBM building, used to serve breakfast. Not sure if they still do; I haven't been there since 2000.

My funniest memory of Korean McD's was back in 2001 when I ordered a super-sized french fries, and they simply stuffed more fries in the regular-size bag.
shawner88

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It may be called Jack in the Box as it is in Australia, from what I heard.
Lakeheader

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 2:55 am    Post subject: Where's the McDonald's Breakfast? IT"S HERE!!!!!! Reply with quote

I was just in an LG this afternoon and I saw the guy behind the counter wolfing back pancakes and syrop. I asked, where, and he said McDonald's. Sad to say, no sausages or eggs yet, and judging from the time of day, they still haven't introduced a breakfast menu. But here in Jungye they have the pancakes. Go to your local raunchy ronny's to check it out. Keep up the inquirires about the rest of the breakfast menu and who knows what will happen. Supply comes only after demand. Cudos to all you who spammed McKim's.
PS order the McFeast and say lettuce paygu, mayonaisse paygu and tomato paygu, and you have yourself a genuine QP with cheese. So much for my diet
shawner88

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gajackson1 wrote:
Errrmmmmm . . .

I had posted awhile back about the death of the breakfast menu at Incheon airport BK. Sad I am crushed to hear about the same in Itaewon - many a night was finishing up at a sauna, then grabbing a big BK bag in route to the subway. Shocked Crying or Very sad

Has Hong-dae gone the same route? I kept hoping BK serving breakfast would coerce McD's into the same, considering the proximity.

I went to the Burger in Inchon airport this weekend at 9:00. I direly wished for a sausage /egg meal. No breakfast menu so I begrudingly ordered a chicken set. When I finished I went to the counter to order a coffee and this old military guy was up there with his Southern accent: "Yeah, I guess I want me a breakfast value meal. Gimme the sausage and egg one."
I laughed, thinking what a fool. There's no breakfast here, buddy, look at the menu, I thought. She rang up his order. I figured there was no way she understood that - that she must have heard something like "whopper set" but I was amazed to see the guy in the back cooking up the sausage and egg set then throwing some hashbrowns in the frier. Several other foreigners were in line and equally amazed, all of whom ordered the set. Apparently it's still available but not listed on the menu.

I was in Fukoaka this weekend, didn;t see any Burger King. There was a MCD's and KFC on every corner though. What happened to BK?
just because

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Apparently it's still available but not listed on the menu.

Talk about typical Korean logic. Yeah we have a breakfast menu but we just don't advertise. By the way, the hotcakes are pretty good at Maccas, bring on the Bacon and Egg McMuffin.
HEART ATTACK HERE I COME!!!!!!!!!! Smile
jacktar

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

She probably heard "breakfast" followed by "Sausage" and "egg". Same as me when I hear korean. The other bits get filtered out.
Mr. Pink

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 3:52 am    Post subject: Re: mc d's Reply with quote

palkorea wrote:
the mcdonald's at seoul station serves breakfast...

Was just thinking this!

That and the busier McDonalds around central Seoul usually has breakfast.

Also once upon a time Lotteria served breakfast that was like a copy of Mc D's mcmuffins etc...used to get that a long time ago too.

Hmm getting hungry now!!!
gajackson1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shawn, I can tell you that was NOT my experience -

I ordered, first in English, and then in Korean. I was informed that they only had muffins (the ones in the little plexiglass case), 2 kinds of soup ( Shocked WTF?!?!), and oj available. Evil or Very Mad

HOWEVER!!! I was just at the BK outside of the Kyobo main entrance 2 weekends ago, and they still had the signs up, and were still serving 'normal' breakfast. Very Happy

I will definitely try again at the airport.

Regards,

G.
Sarah-in-Korea

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't read the last 3 pages of this thread, but in response to the OP, I have seen a breakfast menu at McD's in Anyang, yes ANYANG. They had a small pic showing hotcakes, some kind of McMuff, hash browns and coffee. But, the meals end at 9am (!) so are only good after an all-nighter. Laughing
komtengi

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shawner88 wrote:
It may be called Jack in the Box as it is in Australia, from what I heard.

no jack in the box in oz.... maybe your confusing it with Hungry Jacks, our version of Burger King... only the name is different.

Mickey d's has hotcakes on the menu now, it was on the website. They are served until 11am, and unfortunately that is the only breakfast you can order. Pretty sure BK's still has bfast, but usually its not on the menu.
gajackson1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarah, An-yang is a pretty big place, but ReedTea would be delighted if i popped out early one morning to fetch her some.

Can you be more specific? We are in the 'Food Town' area . . .

Regards,

Glen Very Happy
Sarah-in-Korea

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Glen,
Anyang is pretty big, but there is only one McD's! I'm talking Anyang Station area, not Pyongchon etc. It's around the corner from Rockssin, along the "Red Brick Road" near Starbucks. Near Bomgye they may be doing it too, but I don't really know.
Ciao dude,
Sarah
gajackson1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well then, cutie, it seems Nic, RT, u & I should have a Rockssin/M.I. night with a finish-up at Mickeys some time!!!

Regards,

G.
huck

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The BK in Itaewon serves breakfast, and today I saw hotcakes advertised on the window of the McDonald's in HyeWa...

Last edited by huck on Sat Nov 08, 2003 11:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: