Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where is the McDonalds Breakfast in Korea???
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
just because

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 8:19 pm    Post subject: Where is the McDonalds Breakfast in Korea??? Reply with quote

I remember when I first got here and had my first big soju night. I stumbled down to the nearest McDonalds for my hangover Bacon and Egg McMuffin with Hotcakes only to find it was closed. I was devestated. Basically I always had my McDonalds breakfast after a big night, now I have to live on Kimchi and rice.
Basically, I hate McDonalds daytime menu but I love the breakfast. Thesedays I have found other alternatives for hangovers but I still yearn for my Hotcakes. Whenever i go to Japan I eat it every day I'm there.
So basically why isn't there McDonalds breakfast here??? There are a truckload of McDonalds and the Japanese seem to have taken to it. Please McDonalds have some pity on us poor western folk. Cool

This thread has been added to the Restaurant Sticky ...Mod Team
Corporal

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I want to know is why KFC doesn't have any gravy.
Tiger Beer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel for you.. I would never ever go to McDonalds in the States at any time for the weak burgers, thin french fries, etc.

HOWEVER, I definetely would for breakfast.. nothing like the eggmcmuffin, hash browns and orange juice to start off a Saturday or Sunday morning Wink with the newspaper
Sejong

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amen... when we were in Beijing over Chuseok we ate McDonalds breakfast three days running. They even have these hashbrowns made of rice called "Spring Onion Rice Handheld", which would definitely go over well with Korean palates.

*sigh*
kimcheeking

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

myong dong burgerking has breakfast.. hasbrowns and some toher stuff that I can't remember. That was 3 years ago and I dont' know if they still serve it. opened at 7:30 am
Derrek

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 2:23 am    Post subject: Not entirely Reply with quote

Not entirely related, but I'm frustrated that if I want to buy a DVD Burner in Yongsan, I have to opt for one that burns either only "+" disks, or one that burns both "+-". I can't buy just a "-" disk burner here like I can in the USA.

You might wonder why I would care -- has to do with costs of blank DVD disks, and costs of the drives. The "-" disks are cheaper. And to buy a "+-" drive is about 80,000 to 150,000 won more expensive than buying just a "+" drive (or similar in cost to what a "-" drive would be).

Found them on Enuri though.... wonder how the heck to buy them.
justaskdan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The exact same thing happened to me my first morning in Korea I went to McDonalds for Breakfast and it was closed. When I finanly was in a McDonalds I was devistated to find no breakfast. When I am hungover I go to the tourist hotels for American style breakfast. I don't mind paying 20,000 won for good pig and oj with pancakes and maple syrup.

I also cook my own breakfasts and buy Jimmy Dean sausages and Maple Syrup off the internet.
wendysue

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which tourist resturants have good breakfasts?? I love going out for breakfast and I miss good old pancakes and such.
camel96

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get this. Hong Kong Maccas had most of the breakfast items available ALL DAY

What kind of backwards assed societies do we come from...?

Maccas breakfasts rock.

Korea sucks.
bucheon bum

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justaskdan wrote:
When I am hungover I go to the tourist hotels for American style breakfast. I don't mind paying 20,000 won for good pig and oj with pancakes and maple syrup.

You bastard, you made me hungry. Any recommendations for best western breakfast in Seoul?

b-a-s-t-a-r-d gets a beep? What the heck? Anyway, the OP is a ba-stard too, micky d's breakfast sounds pretty freaking good right now.
The Man known as The Man

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Corporal wrote:

"Did you say G-G-Gravy?"

-fat people all around the world
Lakeheader

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 9:10 am    Post subject: Re: Where is the McDonalds Breakfast in Korea??? Reply with quote

just because wrote:
I remember when I first got here and had my first big soju night. I stumbled down to the nearest McDonalds for my hangover Bacon and Egg McMuffin with Hotcakes only to find it was closed. I was devestated. Basically I always had my McDonalds breakfast after a big night, now I have to live on Kimchi and rice.
Basically, I hate McDonalds daytime menu but I love the breakfast. Thesedays I have found other alternatives for hangovers but I still yearn for my Hotcakes. Whenever i go to Japan I eat it every day I'm there.
So basically why isn't there McDonalds breakfast here??? There are a truckload of McDonalds and the Japanese seem to have taken to it. Please McDonalds have some pity on us poor western folk. Cool

Crying or Very sad I couldn't agree more. While I normally shun McDs, i do indeed miss my hangover remedy of a heart Raunchy Ronny breakfast to get myself err part of myself moving again. Let's let them know what we want!! Don't be shy, if you don't tell them, then they won't do it. Perhaps if you do tell them they still may not, but it's worth a try. I want my Mc Muffin!!
Corporate Headquarters

McDonald's Korea/ Shin Mc Co.,Ltd.
14th Fl., Kwanhoon Bldg. 198-42
Kwanhoon-Dong, Chongro-Ku,
Seoul, Korea

Tel) 82-2-3702-8300
Fax) 82-2-730-4751

McDonald's Korea/ McKim Corporation
8th Fl., DongSung Bldg., 1145-11
ChoRyang 3-Dong, Dong-Ku
Pusan, Korea

Tel) 82-51-440-7711
Fax) 82-51-440-7710
camel96

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing McKim Corporation Laughing
Corporal

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Man known as The Man wrote:
Corporal wrote:

"Did you say G-G-Gravy?"

-fat people all around the world

Andie,
It is better to have people think you a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
just because

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one..also the potato and gravy, i miss that too(someone told me it is made from pigs fat but anyway....). Lakeheader, i sent about 8 emails to McDonalds corporation all under different email accounts. I WANT McDONALDS BREAKFAST!!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: