Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How many children in the family?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Culture
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alf

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 8:02 pm    Post subject: How many children in the family? Reply with quote

I think that two children in the family are suitable. Because only one child is very boring and too many children are very difficult for the parents. The parents must give them many things. Some of the parents cannot accept these many things because it is too expersive. In mainland China, many parents born many children, they want their children can help them in the farm. But in modern city, many parents work hard and they have not enough time to take care their children. So the children are very boring. If the parents born two children, they will play together.
SallyAnn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI! Laughing

I grew a up in a family with 5 children. And I have to say that I am very happy about that. My parents always had enough time for me and my syblings and everybody got enough love. But I think parents should decide individually how many childrent hey want. It depends on the money, for many families that they can only have 1 or 2 children. It also depends on the country I think. Many parents need children that they can take care of their parents when they are too old to work. In many countries there is no pension or the wages are too low, that one can live without working at the age of approx. 60.
SallyAnn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI! Laughing

I grew a up in a family with 5 children. And I have to say that I am very happy about that. My parents always had enough time for me and my syblings and everybody got enough love. But I think parents should decide individually how many childrent hey want. It depends on the money, for many families that they can only have 1 or 2 children. It also depends on the country I think. Many parents need children that they can take care of their parents when they are too old to work. In many countries there is no pension or the wages are too low, that one can live without working at the age of approx. 60.
joss

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 2:42 pm    Post subject: how many children in a family Reply with quote

Hello ! I have 5 children because we adopted 2 ( a niece and a nephew when their parents died in a car accident). Sad
Well it's difficult in this time to explain to a child that you can't buy the expensive shoes or coat he wants... because you don't have enough money... but it's life ! Confused And it's a good way to learn !
My children are men and women now and said to me they're very happy because they find in the family something we can't buy : love ! It isn't simple to grow up so many children in this world going on with money always money.
I even don't know now if I would have children as I see how the life is difficult ! Crying or Very sad
Bybye. Joss.
Graceful

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The life is too hardship to happiness.My mind woud be that don't born a baby since you covinced you can take good care of them.
joss

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 12:46 pm    Post subject: how many children in the family. Reply with quote

You're right ! You have to believe on this world and have a life as best as you can. If you must believe on your mind and on your goog luck ! You don't make a baby for yourself and you have to understand he(she)'s going to grow up and leave you one day. Love is the most important and I'm afraid money too... but not a lot. When you see celebrities and stars they have a lot of money but they aren't so happy !
Take care and don't worry : children are very strong !
Cheers Joss. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Culture All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: