Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Terror attacks
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
k.m.m

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob S. wrote:
k.m.m wrote:
Election and freedom are the true faces of a pretty coin called democracy, and if this coin very dirty, the result all the time is bloody.
Is that what they teach you in the Jihadi madrasah?

Anuradha Chepur wrote:
Why hasn't USA had attacks again in six years now?
I figure it's that when the jihadi suicide terrorists arrive here, they discover they can get a good job and have a good life that is more tempting than the image of Paradise offered by the extremist imams. Who cares about having 47 doe-eyed virgins waiting for you when you can have hundreds of Britney Spears wannabes willing to jump you now? Wink

Yes, we study it in our high school and university, we are also implementing that in the way our system go , it is not necessary to follow western style. Wink
I don't understand , what do you mean by Jehadi Madrasa? we don't have such that ..Do you have ? where ? who support them ? is it linked to Bin laden or other western groups such as kkk?do they study this in the Bible ?
Exodus 32:27 "Thus sayeth the Lord God of Israel, Put every man his sword by his side, . . . and slay every man his brother, . . . companion, . . . neighbor."
more:

http://forums.eslcafe.com/student/viewtopic.php?t=25103&start=15

It is against our religion and Saudi law to have any terror school , because we are fighting them , if you mean that !!!!!!
Anuradha Chepur

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
3. I did not attack your competence or your writing ability. And it was completely unnecessary for you to stoop to ridiculing (on questionable grounds) my use of English and my apt metaphor

Though I don't agree with your opinion, I was impressed by the language part of it and I sincerely praised it. I don't know how it is possible to take it as ridicule, attack etc (Is A plus a bad grade in USA? It's top grade here.) In any case I will take care not to openly express myself in case I am impressed by your language in future.

If anything it rather an attack one me, as I never ridicule anyone.
beancurdturtle

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anuradha Chepur wrote:
Quote:
3. I did not attack your competence or your writing ability. And it was completely unnecessary for you to stoop to ridiculing (on questionable grounds) my use of English and my apt metaphor

Though I don't agree with your opinion, I was impressed by the language part of it and I sincerely praised it. I don't know how it is possible to take it as ridicule, attack etc (Is A plus a bad grade in USA? It's top grade here.) In any case I will take care not to openly express myself in case I am impressed by your language in future.

If anything it rather an attack one me, as I never ridicule anyone.

Then I misunderstood you. Please accept my sincere apology.

�Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.�
--Dr. Seuss
Anuradha Chepur

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Accepted.
Anuradha Chepur

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Yes, we study it in our high school and university, we are also implementing that in the way our system go , it is not necessary to follow western style.

It is ok if you don't want to follow western style etc, but I think people
should not be brainwashed against democracy as part of their education. I think it is an attempt to preemp, so they don't get attracted to or tempted by the concept of freedom.

Over here we study about different types of governments - democracy, dictatorship, monarchy, communism. We aren't told that this is good or that is bad. We form our own opinion as we grow up and know about
the world.
Anuradha Chepur

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
His strategy insults the whole body of Islam (which is not the enemy), and does nothing to address the individual perpetrators

Bush basically targetted the Talibans and Saddam, who are/was the perpetators. How is that an insult to Islam?
Unless we are saying that Talibanism = Islam.

Quote:
I suggest targeted, proactive, efficient, effective police action against the individual perpetrators.

I would prefer the Indian military to go out and do something.
beancurdturtle

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anuradha Chepur wrote:
Quote:
His strategy insults the whole body of Islam (which is not the enemy), and does nothing to address the individual perpetrators

Bush basically targetted the Talibans and Saddam, who are/was the perpetators. How is that an insult to Islam?
Unless we are saying that Talibanism = Islam.

Quote:
I suggest targeted, proactive, efficient, effective police action against the individual perpetrators.

I would prefer the Indian military to go out and do something.

The Taliban and Saddam are not in Iraq. Saddam is alive. The Bush family has a long history of friendship with the Hussein family, or Saddam would be dead. Some of the first commercial flights allowed by the Bush administration in the US following the 9/11 action were private chartered flights to evacuate members of the Hussein family from the US.

Terrorism is a criminal action. It's not confined to one group or to a political state. There have been "Christian" terror acts in the US before for example. The proper response to criminal action is exacting, effective, and proactive police action.

Going to war against Iraq and killing hundreds of thousands of Iraqis because a terrorist organization in Afghanistan coordinated a terrorist action by 19 mostly Saudi individuals is not addressing the issue.

�Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.�
--Dr. Seuss
k.m.m

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your comments, Anuradha Chepur:

I disagree with your assumptions about brainwashing for many different reasons:
1- In our days and in many societies , and in open air ,channels ,satellites ,internets,mobiles,etc.. Brainwash and closing eyes is not possible, means the sun can not be hide by finger.
2- The Democracy in the west is one of the reason makes a huge industry and high technology , no one can say it is bad or it is not good.
3- In my believe , the democracy is not a recipe or menu can be send or delivered(Iraq case) , I think it is education first , respecting the roles second ..it is cultural accumulation and progress.
3- From history we learned that, wars never deliver democracy, wars deliver only hate, death and disasters.
4- Today in Iraq and tomorrow where? How many people are paying the cost?
Back to the third world and even the second, the democracy which we see is not actual, it is faked, and elections in many countries are
forgery.
4- Islam as a religion and Moslems unfortunately became a good target for some reasons we dont know, the aim is to show Islam is bad religion and Muslims are terrorists ,this became became the habit of many sick people, we can see insolence in some air ports ,pointing the finger of guilty before talking and investigation.
So when the dog of your neighbor try to attack you, you don�t have to kill or attack your neighbor "9/11 case"
5- As far as our GCC system go , we are happy ,our governments are good , the people are getting what they want, travel every where , no dictatorship , no taxes, good salary, even foreigners are getting good salary, no discrimination between workers as religion point of you ..Example here in my office, we have many Christians , Hinduism, and Muslim from India all treated same and get salary as hard as they work " some of them more than Saudi salary ".

kmm
Anuradha Chepur

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not saying that democracy is flawless, probably a better evil.
My son's friend, a muslim boy from Oman, says that they can't access google there. He feels somewhat emancipated here.

My beef is that somehow, these terrorist outfits in the dictatorship countries want to disupt the popular/powerful democracies.
Their's is not the 'live and let live policy'.

Another problem is that if a muslim is involved in something, then people
will take it as an attack on Islam. For example, many hindu cricket players were accused of match-fixing, and along with them, Md. Azharuddin was also accused. But Azhar played the religion card and said he was being targeted because he is a muslim. He forgot that he was made the captain of the Indian team , though he was a muslim.
Anuradha Chepur

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Saddam is alive. The Bush family has a long history of friendship with the Hussein family, or Saddam would be dead. Some of the first commercial flights allowed by the Bush administration in the US following the 9/11 action were private chartered flights to evacuate members of the Hussein family from the US.

I am speechless.
beancurdturtle

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anuradha Chepur wrote:
I am speechless.

I got my terrorists all mixed up. Sorry! Shocked

I meant to say...
Osama bin Laden is alive. The Bush family has a long history of friendship with the bin Laden family, or Osama would be dead. Some of the first commercial flights allowed by the Bush administration in the US following the 9/11 action were private chartered flights to evacuate members of the bin Laden family from the US.

By the way, this is a good article to read if you want to know something interesting about the Taleban and it's connection to Texas Oil (Bush's previous vocation):
http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Front_Page/FE18Aa03.html

--Dr. Seuss
k.m.m

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

quote="Anuradha Chepur"]I am not saying that democracy is flawless, probably a better evil.
<<<[/b] yes , if and only if the real democracy.

My son's friend, a muslim boy from Oman, says that they can't access google there. He feels somewhat emancipated here.
<<<where ! In Oman, I don't know that, may be some connection problem . Yes some sex sites are blocked in most of GCC may be except Dubai: wink: I was in Salalah this summer, one thousand k.m from Dubai, internet network is ok Google is working . http://www.google.co.uk/ and Google Arabic is also ok .. http://www.arabo.com/home.html

My beef is that somehow, these terrorist outfits in the dictatorship countries want to disupt the popular/powerful democracies.
Their's is not the 'live and let live policy'.
<<<Smile Also some of the terrorists" in my believe" are unfortunately living and staying in the west "Europe" , they take advantages of low and democracy to distribute their hates and bad thinking among their society example :this man http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3752517.stm , In London works as a nightclub bouncer, married a British woman�.

Another problem is that if a muslim is involved in something, then people
will take it as an attack on Islam. For example, many hindu cricket players were accused of match-fixing, and along with them, Md. Azharuddin was also accused. But Azhar played the religion card and said he was being targeted because he is a muslim. He forgot that he was made the captain of the Indian team , though he was a muslim.
<<<my point is general , of course there are many cases and bad people take a advantage of that , but generally , unfortunately we became good target for unknown reason " .
Bob S.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

k.m.m wrote:
Bob S. wrote:
Is that what they teach you in the Jihadi madrasah?
I don't understand , what do you mean by Jehadi Madrasa? we don't have such that ..Do you have ? where ? who support them ? is it linked to Bin laden or other western groups such as kkk?do they study this in the Bible ?
Depending you who you ask, yes we do have a madrasah now in New York City. And they may be connected to groups that fund terrorism (it's all a bit confusing, so you can't be sure, but it looks suspicious).

Quote:
Exodus 32:27 "Thus sayeth the Lord God of Israel, Put every man his sword by his side, . . . and slay every man his brother, . . . companion, . . . neighbor."
Maybe you are not familiar with the Christian Bible divided into an Old Testament and a New Testament. In Christian theology, the Old Testament is for historical example and reproach. Commands from the New Testament supersede. And from the New Testament, we get:
Matthew 10:13-14 (New International Version)
13 If the home is deserving, let your peace rest on it; if it is not, let your peace return to you. 14 If anyone will not welcome you or listen to your words, shake the dust off your feet when you leave that home or town.

In other words, don't kill them. Live and let live. This philosophy has been a big part in shaping the American conscience. It was a very unique idea 200 years ago, and still seems rare in the world today where people still slaughter their neighbors because they worship the wrong god in the wrong way.

beancurdturtle wrote:
The proper response to criminal action is exacting, effective, and proactive police action.
I think that's what Ms. Chepur means by going on the offensive. When on the defensive, you wait for the crime to occur, then do something about it. When on the offensive, i.e. proactive, you seek out the people with a high probability of committing the crime even if they haven't yet (probably because of their affiliation with an organized group that has supported or committed such crimes in the past). Though I'd be curious to know how an NYPD detective could be proactive against al-Qaida operating in Taliban controlled Afghanistan. And where would the Indian army go to root out their terrorist infestation?
-Berkeley Breathed
k.m.m

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wafa bin Laden is a good singer, she is US citizen.Very nice and sexy.
http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1002157024

It is true that Saudi bin laden family is a big and rich family, but it is not fare to tell that all of them are bad because of one individual criminal.
The Bin Laden family disowned Osama after he was stripped of his Saudi citizenship in 1994 for suspected terrorist activities and criticism of the Al Saud ruling family.
Also it is true that Bin laden family has a big company in construction business."Saudi Bin laden Group. "
As far I know,Kualalambur international air port in Malaysia was constructed by the SBG. , it is nice air port exept its international terminals are far awy from the arraival gates.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saudi_Binladin_Group
Anuradha Chepur

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
And where would the Indian army go to root out their terrorist infestation?

They would know better, I am surely not an expert in that area.
I'd say they should go where terrorists are bred, though it is politically incorrect to say so.
They can get started with cleansing PoK.
When infiltration can work for terrorists, it can also work for the army, and they should do that. (off topic: The long wanted ivory/sandal smuggler Veerappan was precisely killed in his car after a cop infiltratred his group and convinced him to go and have eye surgery for his eye problem.)
What's the point for any country to have an army and all the machinery if they are only ornamental, while they are getting attacked all the time?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: