Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Do you fear Death?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jekzhou

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:04 am    Post subject: Do you fear Death? Reply with quote

When do we actually fear death?
ad-miral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing When we are in such a situation
beancurdturtle

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Do you fear Death? Reply with quote

Jekzhou wrote:
Do you fear Death?

No.

Jekzhou wrote:
When do we actually fear death?

People who fear the unknown fear death.

�Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.�
--Dr. Seuss
RedRose

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do, I don't know why
Anuradha Chepur

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't fear my own death, but that of my family and loved ones- my mother, father etc.
Bob S.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feared death more before I had a precious little angel worth dying for. Now I only fear not being there to protect her and watch her grow up.
-Berkeley Breathed
beancurdturtle

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob S. wrote:
I feared death more before I had a precious little angel worth dying for. Now I only fear not being there to protect her and watch her grow up.
You're a sweet guy for a super spy. Laughing

�Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.�
--Dr. Seuss
Anuradha Chepur

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must add that I used to fear death when my son was young, but now he is fairly grown up and I am bindaas.
garfield_jesse

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont fear death. I only fear about safeness of my family. My mom passed away 20 years ago, and i dont wanna lost anyone anymore Sad Sad Sad
RedRose

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

garfield_jesse wrote:
I dont fear death. I only fear about safeness of my family. My mom passed away 20 years ago, and i dont wanna lost anyone anymore Sad Sad Sad

I am so sorry. a kid losing her mother can be the worst thing ever! when I was little, one of my good friends lost her mother(her mother had breast canser). she has seemed never happy since her mother died.

In this respect, I should stay healthy, I wanna keep my daughter happy.
Oriani

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Death is afraid of me! Even I don't want to die now because I haven't reached all of my goals, or at least the mayority of them. I feel scared when I am traveling , when the bus, or airplane gives a false step. Wow. Some of my friends have died in that way or lost one of the members of their bodies. Confused
garfield_jesse

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oriani wrote:
Death is afraid of me! Even I don't want to die now because I haven't reached all of my goals, or at least the mayority of them. I feel scared when I am traveling , when the bus, or airplane gives a false step. Wow. Some of my friends have died in that way or lost one of the members of their bodies. Confused

Nobody wanna die now except the one who wanna die. Why do you have to scared when you are travelling, when the bus or airplane gives a faske step. Those connect closely with your daily life. I think you shouldnt pay attention to much about them. Fear makes your life stifling

You havent reached all of your goals...so concerntrating in them and take care your family and your close friends
Bob S.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

garfield_jesse wrote:
Fear makes your life stifling..
You havent reached all of your goals...so concerntrating in them and take care your family and your close friends
Very good point, and worth remembering. Don't fear death. Instead, fear not truly living. Listen to this guy (warning, the lecture is almost 2 hours, but very good, inspiring, and good practice for listening to English). He is dying but refuses to stop living.
ad-miral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think everybody fears of anything. It's not a shame that we fear of anything but it's a shame if someone can't face his fears.

For example I'm very frightened of kickboxing because someone could have punched me on my head and I may get mentally handicapped and fail the exam and my mom will shout at me because she paid my university fees.
But if I don't behave aggressively and if I don't punch my opponent he will have more chances to punch me and my danger of being handiccapped will increase.

PS: (I haven't listened to the lecture because it was too long)
PPS: My tip for all of you is to be brave like the guy in the video.
Bob S.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ad-miral wrote:
PS: (I haven't listened to the lecture because it was too long)
PPS: My tip for all of you is to be brave like the guy in the video.
Yes, it was very long. I put it in the background so I could listen to it while I did my CAD work. but watch for the virtual reality demo. It's hilarious! And the scene where he brings out a cake and has the audience sing Happy Birthday to his wife, well, if that doesn't bring a tear to your eye you are just cold and inhuman.
-Berkeley Breathed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Opinions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: