Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is it useful to study English using software?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> TOEFL and Other English Exams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Caroline12345

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:23 pm    Post subject: Is it useful to study English using software? Reply with quote

Interactive English Grammar Software

Very Happy
Hi guys,
I have a first CD of Test Master. Anybody tried second CD (Past Simple, Past Continuous)? I study English in Sydney preparing for the University course in Sydney University? so I need to make shortcut to get faster into Uni course. Hope this is useful to study English using software. If anybody has similar experience or know some other software for study English, let me know pls.

You can find Test Master on http://www.yourgrammar.com. I like that I can keep this software on my computer and use when I need.
Online tests is not very convenient! You did online test and remember nothing in couple days.

If you know some other site with downloadable English Grammar software write me the links, pls

Embarassed [/b]
Strider36

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:39 am    Post subject: I try Recorded AND Interactive lessons together Reply with quote

Hi, I'm taking the IBT TOEFL in December, and I enrolled in IBT TOEFL class with www.teacherjames.com and Teacher Corey. It was $250USD for 40 hours of recorded lessons. We go over the IBT Thomson's Workbook. He covers everything in the book.

I just watch the 40 hours anytime I want. It is available 24 hours a day to
watch. Every week he gives homework, and grades them to give to me. He even gives feedback on essays and voice recordings.�If I have questions, I just email the teacher, and he answers them.

Look at his video sample:

http://www.teacherjames.com/corey-toefl�

Wendy
Caroline12345

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:45 am    Post subject: http://www.teacherjames.com/ I tried similar approach...but Reply with quote

Yes, It's cool. But how do you know what time you should use in particular situation? Is it any exercises like in Test Master to remember what to say in particular situation?

Cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> TOEFL and Other English Exams All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: