Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Homesick

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anuradha Chepur

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:48 am    Post subject: Homesick Reply with quote

and missing everyone. Crying or Very sad
Lorikeet

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where are you? What are you doing?
beancurdturtle

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lorikeet wrote:
Where are you? What are you doing?

I was going to ask the same.

�Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.�
--Dr. Seuss
Anuradha Chepur

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Mumbai, with a new job, new people, restricted access to internet, no netcafes nearby and not smart enough to venture into farther places yet, cellphone configurations didn't work. (now I have a new phone, though)
Lorikeet

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw. I hope you like the new job and the new people, and will discover a convenient Internet Cafe soon!
beancurdturtle

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck adjusting to your new place soon.

�Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.�
--Dr. Seuss
RedRose

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anuradha Chepur wrote:
In Mumbai, with a new job, new people, restricted access to internet, no netcafes nearby and not smart enough to venture into farther places yet, cellphone configurations didn't work. (now I have a new phone, though)

New place, new job, new friends...all exciting. Enjoy your time there.
Corey

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try to keep busy.

Good luck,

Corey
ad-miral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a new start is always hard, maybe you should do something to refresh yourself. (Maybe a gigolo? Laughing)
Anuradha Chepur

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone.
Everything is terrific and I started liking it already.
And thanks Admiral. Razz
ad-miral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's perfect! We are all happy for you.

PS: Do you like the photo I've drawn for my fiancee? You can see photo on my homepage. http://chennyboy.hi5.com Scroll the screen down.
Bob S.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ad-miral wrote:
a new start is always hard, maybe you should do something to refresh yourself. (Maybe a gigolo? Laughing)
Are you volunteering?

But seriously, the first 3 months you see the new place through tourist eyes. It is all new, exciting, and scary. After 3 months you start to settle in and learn the lay of the land. By 6 months you'll finally have learned your way around, what is what and where you need to go to get what you need. It's at that point you'll really know if you'll enjoy your new digs or hate it all with a passion because you're stuck out in the sticks, there's nothing to do, the people are cold, or whatever. Sad
I hope it all works out and you find some cool people to hang with to keep you company. Very Happy
ad-miral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob.S wrote:
Are you volunteering?

yes, and in front of Anuradha Chepur, who doesn't? Exclamation
Anuradha Chepur

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
But seriously, the first 3 months you see the new place through tourist eyes. It is all new, exciting, and scary. After 3 months you start to settle in and learn the lay of the land. By 6 months you'll finally have learned your way around, what is what and where you need to go to get what you need. It's at that point you'll really know if you'll enjoy your new digs or hate it all with a passion because you're stuck out in the sticks, there's nothing to do, the people are cold, or whatever.
I hope it all works out and you find some cool people to hang with to keep you company.

I guess you are right, people are usually happy in the honeymoon phase, whereas the future may have something else in store.
Fortunately, I'm not too social, so I guess it shouldn't make much difference whether I like people or not.
But I have to like the place to be happy, the roads have to be wide and less congested, there should be enough trees, some birds atleast, a nice sky etc. The biggest attraction here, however, is the sea that I'm absolutely in love with at the moment.

Quote:
in front of Anuradha Chepur, who doesn't?

Who doesn't?????
I'd say who dare does, intimidating stuff that I am.
ad-miral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Corey wrote:
Try to keep busy.

Good luck,

Corey

http://www.myvideo.de/watch/349253
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Opinions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: