Site Search:
 
Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Have you ever listen someone saying: "I'm fat"?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
RedRose



Joined: 21 May 2004
Posts: 2735
Location: GuangZhou, China

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh, yes, I meant horses! of course, I can't ride a house Laughing But maybe Jackie Chan can. Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
garfield_jesse



Joined: 17 Oct 2005
Posts: 271

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedRose wrote:
ClarissaMach wrote:

I just broke up a relationship, what made me lose my apetite for a while...


I have heard that before. But this never works on me. I wish break-up could help me lose weight, but I know it's impossible for me.

Break-up never affects my appetite. when I break up with someone, I don't feel like more or less food. I just feel like seeing someone else. and that has little to do with weight Crying or Very sad


When i broke up with my ex. I completely falled down. I lose weight for a while but at that moment i looked so ugly Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad . Actually i dont wanna loose weight and i dont wanna break up....it's really bad.
_________________
I'm smart, that's why i'm single...haha(^_^)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
RedRose



Joined: 21 May 2004
Posts: 2735
Location: GuangZhou, China

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

garfield_jesse wrote:

When i broke up with my ex. I completely falled down. I lose weight for a while but at that moment i looked so ugly Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad . Actually i dont wanna loose weight and i dont wanna break up....it's really bad.


Compared to you, I am kinda insensible. Break-up hardly breaks me up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ad-miral



Joined: 01 Sep 2006
Posts: 1488

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha same here, break-up never breaks me down because I don't wanna exaggerate with them anyway, only playing, haha I've my f. for exaggerating. haha
_________________
If I say "I love you" to someone, then I also have to say "I also love everyone else inside you, I love the whole world because of you, I also love myself inside you." -- Erich Fromm, the Art of Love
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
garfield_jesse



Joined: 17 Oct 2005
Posts: 271

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm emotionally fragile. It's not good, is it? Sad Sad Sad
_________________
I'm smart, that's why i'm single...haha(^_^)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
ad-miral



Joined: 01 Sep 2006
Posts: 1488

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no that's not good Laughing
But you can begin to say "I'm emotionally unbreakable" in order to feel better
_________________
If I say "I love you" to someone, then I also have to say "I also love everyone else inside you, I love the whole world because of you, I also love myself inside you." -- Erich Fromm, the Art of Love
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
beancurdturtle



Joined: 23 Aug 2006
Posts: 1041
Location: Southern California

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

garfield_jesse wrote:
I'm emotionally fragile. It's not good, is it? Sad Sad Sad

It is good to be a romantic. You just need to learn that love comes, and love goes too. It's ok to be sad for a while - but always remember that love will come again. Very Happy
_________________
Daniel

�Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.�
--Dr. Seuss
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
garfield_jesse



Joined: 17 Oct 2005
Posts: 271

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beancurdturtle wrote:
garfield_jesse wrote:
I'm emotionally fragile. It's not good, is it? Sad Sad Sad

It is good to be a romantic. You just need to learn that love comes, and love goes too. It's ok to be sad for a while - but always remember that love will come again. Very Happy


Thank you so much. It sounds so sweet Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
_________________
I'm smart, that's why i'm single...haha(^_^)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
beancurdturtle



Joined: 23 Aug 2006
Posts: 1041
Location: Southern California

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garfield_jesse wrote:
Thank you so much. It sounds so sweet Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Love is sweet.

It's my favorite thing. Razz
_________________
Daniel

�Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.�
--Dr. Seuss
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Cristi



Joined: 26 Aug 2005
Posts: 223
Location: Costa Rica

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone, I think all of you are right, too thin girls aren't attractive for men.

I'm quite thin, I weight 50 kg and my height is 1,62m, but I'm 16 years old, so I'm neither anorexic nor sick. During 8 years I've been practicing swimming nearly everyday of the week so that's made me quite skinny.

I cannot lie to you, it's difficult for me to find clothes that fit me properly. Most shirts look baggy on me and I think Red Rose is very fortunately because she's got big breast, that's constantly annoying me, mainly because I can see a very nice blouse and it would look big on me.

Every year I must take blood tests to see whether I'm healthy or not, since I'm thin, and I exercise a lot so I can easily get anemia...

Anyway, the ones who got the whole fault for so many girls trying to look skinnier are the media. The media makes everybody think that anorexic girls are beautiful and that's not true. And there's even a web page some sick girls invented to promote being very very thin.

We should always be balanced, not anorexic nor obese, just have the appropriate weight to feel healthy and strong and eat lots of vegetables and fruits for not suffering high blood pressure and all that stuff...

Cristi.
_________________
PURA VIDA! Carpe Diem

"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear."
Mark Twain.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RedRose



Joined: 21 May 2004
Posts: 2735
Location: GuangZhou, China

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cristi wrote:
I cannot lie to you, it's difficult for me to find clothes that fit me properly. Most shirts look baggy on me and I think Red Rose is very fortunately because she's got big breast, that's constantly annoying me, .


Laughing Embarassed Really? thank you. Compared to most Chinese women's, mine may be big, but compared to western women's, mine are just regualr.

You are still young, yours will grow fast after 16.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
beancurdturtle



Joined: 23 Aug 2006
Posts: 1041
Location: Southern California

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine are average size. Razz
_________________
Daniel

�Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.�
--Dr. Seuss
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
RedRose



Joined: 21 May 2004
Posts: 2735
Location: GuangZhou, China

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beancurdturtle wrote:
Mine are average size. Razz


Oh, really? so you are jealous of mine, ain't you? Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
beancurdturtle



Joined: 23 Aug 2006
Posts: 1041
Location: Southern California

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedRose wrote:
beancurdturtle wrote:
Mine are average size. Razz


Oh, really? so you are jealous of mine, ain't you? Laughing

Haha! I don't think I need to have big bre@sts. Shocked
_________________
Daniel

�Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.�
--Dr. Seuss
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Cristi



Joined: 26 Aug 2005
Posts: 223
Location: Costa Rica

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedRose wrote:
Cristi wrote:
I cannot lie to you, it's difficult for me to find clothes that fit me properly. Most shirts look baggy on me and I think Red Rose is very fortunately because she's got big breast, that's constantly annoying me, .


Laughing Embarassed Really? thank you. Compared to most Chinese women's, mine may be big, but compared to western women's, mine are just regualr.

You are still young, yours will grow fast after 16.


Redrose, again that's what the media makes everybody think. But the truth is that in the American continent and I guess in Europe people don't have toooooooo much breast.
_________________
PURA VIDA! Carpe Diem

"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear."
Mark Twain.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Opinions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Dave's ESL Cafe is maintained by the one and only Dave Sperling.
Banner Advertising | Bookstore / Alta Books | FAQs | Articles | Interview with Dave
Copyright © 1995-2011 Dave's ESL Cafe | All Rights Reserved | Contact Dave's ESL Cafe | Site Map

Teachers College, Columbia University: Train to Teach English Here or Abroad
SIT
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group