Joined: 20 May 2006
|Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:28 am Post subject: Leave letters
|English errors of Indians:
* Infosys, Bangalore: An employee applied for leave as follows:
"Since I have to go to my village to sell my land along with my
wife, please sanction me one-week leave."
* This is from Oracle Bangalore:
From an employee who was performing the "mundan"
ceremony of his 10 year old son:
"as I want to shave my son's head, please leave me for two days.."
* Another gem from CDAC. Leave-letter from an employee who was performing his daughter's wedding:
"as I am marrying my daughter, please grant a week's leave.."
* From H.A.L. Administration Dept:
"As my mother-in-law has expired and I am only one responsible for it,
please grant me 10 days leave."
* Another employee applied for half day leave as follows:
"Since I've to go to the cremation ground at 10 o-clock and I may not
return, please grant me half day casual leave"
* Another leave letter:
"I am suffering from fever, please declare one-day holiday."
* A leave letter to the headmaster:
"As I am studying in this school I am suffering from headache. I
request you to leave me today"
* Another leave letter written to the headmaster:
"As my headache is paining, please grant me leave for the day."
* Covering note:
"I am enclosed herewith..."
* Another one:
"Dear Sir: with reference to the above, please refer to my below..."
* Actual letter written for application of leave:
"My wife is suffering from sickness and as I am her only husband at
home I may be granted leave".
* Letter writing:-
"I am well here and hope you are also in the same well."
* A candidate's job application:
"This has reference to your advertisement calling for a ' Typist and an
Accountant - Male or Female'... As I am both(!! )for the past several years and I can handle both with good experience, I am applying for the post.