Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The flirting of old men
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RedRose

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject: The flirting of old men Reply with quote

I sometimes give some healthcare classes to retired people in weekends, for commission of course, and we call that kind of class "aged university", which means all people attend the classes are over 60 years old.

A few weeks ago, I was explaining how to examine their own urine sugar all by themselves at home. I held a test paper and told them:"see? after you pee, you put this piece into your urine, and then you pull it out, of course its color will be changed, then you can compare the color with the sample color, you will know how much your urine sugar is. Get it?"

"Yes" answered they.

"Good, I need a favor from you guys. Can anyone come here and demostrate this test?" asked I.

A gentleman came up to me. "Teacher Zhu, I would like to demostrate this for you and all my classmates, but how? Shall I pee right here? I have trouble peeing in public. That'd be embarassing I guess." said he. the others laughed badly, they seemingly had a really great time.

I told him:"No, no, you don't have to pee right here. I got some different sample urine here in these measuring cups, you just need to try one sample urine, and tell me how much its urine sugar is." He did, according to my guide.

After this class was over, he came to my office:"I am sorry, Miss.Zhu, I didn't mean to mess around in your class, I just wanted to have a little fun. and I hope you won't be upset with me." I smiled:"how come I would be upset? I had fun too, thanks for your cooperation."

He seemed encouraged, so he went further:"So you like my flirting? I actually meant to flirt." "wow, that was flirting? I didn't know that.well, thanks for the flirting, it was humorous and brilliant" said I. 'how about we have dinner today, you know, it's weekend, people all have some plans.-----if you didn't get my flirting in the class, I hope you get this one, it's flirting, but I really mean to have dinner with you." said he, with a mysterious smile.

I was shocked and amused, but I said:"maybe some other time, you know, first of all, I have to learn the art of flirting, then the flirting dinner will be the best one"

That was my first time to know the way that old men flirted, I learned a lot from it.
ad-miral

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you should write a book: RedRose- The Art of Flirt
Bob S.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it hard to imagine that Rose needs to learn anything new about flirting. To write the book, you need only print the pages from Dave's ESL Caf� between yourself and Daniel! Wink
RedRose

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob and Admiral are so hilarious!

Come on! guys! I flirt with every guy who is intelligent and humorous. I once flirted with Bob as well, remember? not just Daniel. As for Admiral, he is too young to receive my flirting performance, and he is developing his flirting skills amazingly.

I am so happy to see the Dave's has turned into a flirting family Laughing

Nice work!
ad-miral

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, everything we talk is about sex, more or less
Oriani

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, but that is not bad at all Wink Wink Wink
asterix

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since the actor, Michael Douglas, age 63, married The actress Catherine Zeta-Jones, age 38, old men have been encouraged to believe they can do the same thing, I guess.

Obviously some women like older men, and some men like older women.
Who are we to say it's wrong?
Anuradha Chepur

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Encouraged to believe they can marry Catherine Zeta-Jones? Smile
RedRose

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damnnit! I hate when I have to admit that I actually love older men than younger ones, but older men are never interested in me!! That's what we call life!

Most of the time, you won't get what you want, and you have to accept the truth.

All my ex-bfs were younger than me. I guess they all liked older women. But I always have a crush on older men. that's the truth, which has never changed. When I hit on those older men that I have a crush on, they are always either unavailable or uninterested in me. I don't know what's wrong with me.

Not until I read this thread just now that I knew Michael Douglas was 63!!! God! almost as old as my dad!! I remember he knocked Catherine Zeta-Jones up a few years ago. That's awesome. Catherine Zeta-Jones is one of the most beautiful women in the world. Bravo! Michael Douglas!
ClarissaMach

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My comments over this topic would be highly suspicious... my ex-boyfriend was 21 years my senior, my current boyfriend is 23 years my senior Rolling Eyes ...
RedRose

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ClarissaMach wrote:
My comments over this topic would be highly suspicious... my ex-boyfriend was 21 years my senior, my current boyfriend is 23 years my senior Rolling Eyes ...

You mean, your ex-boyfriend was 21 years older than you, and your current boyfriend is 23 years older than you?
ClarissaMach

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes.

By the way, how are you? I haven't come here for a long time!
LeBron

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello ClarissaMach,

what you said about your ex and your current BF sounds very interesting for me.
I'm interested in what you love on older men, what younger men or men of the same age like you don't have?
I guess it's the bigger experience of life... guessed I right or wrong? Smile

Greetings,
LeBron
RedRose

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ClarissaMach, how does it feel like to date an old man? you know, I am terribly curious.
ClarissaMach

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedRose and LeBron,
the point is: I can barely imagine myself dating someone of the same age. It's not that I have something against young men, I just don't feel attracted by them, whereas the experience of older men attracts me a lot.

Common sense has it that men in their 40's, 50's usually have read much more, have travelled much more, even dated much more than men in their 20's, 30's.

Some people are attracted by the idea of introducing someone younger to life, they like the idea of teaching an unfledged bird how to fly... It happens that I like to be this unfledged bird! Laughing

Of course one day I might change. But since I was 18 (nowadays I'm 25) I feel this way.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Opinions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: