Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What do you think about terrorism?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
piyabude

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 2:13 am    Post subject: What do you think about terrorism? Reply with quote

International terrorism is the biggest problem that occurs now. The whole world is paying attention to this situation. Economic crisis, sicial problem and political problem are influenced by violence and terrorism. Many countries are damaged from these situations such as USA, Saudi Arabia, Israel etc. All of these countries should find a solution to solve these problems. One of the solutions to protect them from terrorism is, to check all of tourists who enter and exit their countries. What do you think about it?
tamaaor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is a big problem. They should find the solution to solve it because it has affect to the countries which have terrorism. I think one of solution to protect them is, to issue a law for terrorism and the law should strict and distinct
Anxious Heart

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

piyabude wrote:
International terrorism is the biggest problem that occurs now.

Are you sure? I know, that this is a question of definition, but what about those human beeings, living in Africa, Asia or South America, who are dying exactly in that moment, because they've got nothing to eat or because of epidemics etc.... I assume, there are more people dying because of that, than people, dying because of terrorist attacks.

Quote:
Economic crisis, sicial problem and political problem are influenced by violence and terrorism.

I think, that works upside down, too. Did you ever think about reasons for terrorism? I suppose economic crisis, social problems and political problems are important factors for that thought.

Quote:
One of the solutions to protect them from terrorism is, to check all of tourists who enter and exit their countries.

I guess, that won't work. You can't solve a problem fighting against its consequences. You have two find the reason and try to eliminate it. I know, that this sounds much more easier than it is done, but by answering terrorism with terrorism, nobody will get happy.....

Greets, Anxi
oinrocinu

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anxi, I agree with you.

piyabude, what would you feel if you go, for example, to France adn they check you? This was another "Bush great idea", as so many...

I don't know what do you watch on TV but, for instance, I can see millions of children that must work because they don't have anything to eat. And the problem is that there are few people who have or control the 75% of the wealth of the planet. And this is an economical problem.

I think that the terrorism is, on one hand, a religious, and on the other hand, a "consequece" of the economic crisis and social and political problems (not the "reason" but the "consequence").

But, well, this is just my opinion. Only one thing: where are you from?

L.
angle

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, I�m Thai boy. I interested in the story about the terrorism since I heard name of one person, his name is Bin la den . I would like to know this story in your opinion too.

I thank that the people have different idea with this topic. I assume, someone believes that it is the biggest problem because they got affect or consequence from the terrorism attacking directly. However, someone don�t believes that it is the biggest problem because they got not affect or consequence from the terrorism attacking directly and they seen the situation from T.V.

In my opinion, I think that the terrorism is a important problem and they must hurry solve it because it is dangerous for people and place in the region and it is back ground of the people wanted anti the government in that counties such as at south state in Thailand, the terrorism attacked the police station and military camp for it wanted a arms of them and the sneak burn the school about 10 place every years. In addition, the government lost of money to protect the terrorism proximity 100 millions $ every years. If the countries with out the terrorism, the government in that countries can induce this money to solve other problem in the countries example economic , in need of food etc.

Last, I believes that many countries in the world receiving this problem and I think that this problem intensifying every day.
oinrocinu

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here, in Spain, we have "ETA", a terrorism grup, and I know what are you saying, but I think that there are a lot of differents kinds of terrorism. And, about Bin la Den, well, it was really awful, but if 2700 people died in NY, 27000 die every week because they don't have food. And they are innocent too (so, terrorism is a big problem, but not the biggest one). And, finially, I think that, in some sense, many of the terrorists are or have been supported by a lot of governments, even these governments that, now, are their "enemies" (we have a recent example with Iraq).
Anxious Heart

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

angle wrote:
In my opinion, I think that the terrorism is a important problem and they must hurry solve it because it is dangerous for people and place in the region and it is back ground of the people wanted anti the government in that counties [...]

There was no doubt about, whether this problem needs a solution. The main question is, how to solve it. And there is the problem. Does it really help, checking every single person arriving in this country? Will the anger of the terrorists (who are also human beings, so there has to be a reason, why they do so) end? I guess, they will think of new ways to attack the country (another sad thing: often they don't attack the government, but the civilists Sad) and as you can see (WTC), they are very creative.

Greets, Anxi
bancha_011

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Hi every body. Shocked
Very Happy I am a Thai boy. I interested in terrorism. Because in my country has a terrorism problem.
In my opinion, I think International terrorism is the biggest problem that occurs now.
Because in the world have a war. A big cause of war is terrorism. Now, in any where of the world have terrorism such America, Europe, Asia till in my country Thailand.
My country is on South East Asia. My country has a problem about terrorism in south of country. Recently, the government confronted of terrorism.
The government wants to wipe up terrorism. Because recently the terrorism to fire in school. Next, they attack a military camp to rob a weapon.
The effects from terrorism are people in nervousness, Social problem and Economic Crisis. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Because when the country has a terrorism problem tourist don�t to visit that place. Embarassed
Conclusion, I strongly agree with piyabude that terrorism is a biggest problem in the
World. Idea