Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What dou you think about the entrance examination

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yusei0902

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:07 am    Post subject: What dou you think about the entrance examination Reply with quote

In Japan, the national univercity entrance examination will be held on january 19th and 20.

Every year , more than 500thousand applicants take this test all over Japan.

National and public university require applicants to take the test as a first-stage examination
before they take a second-stage examination held on by each univercity.

I think it is better that hold examination more than 2 times.
Some of the applications choke up when they take the examination,
and just one failure of examination might leave someones no choice but to abandon hope for their study.

So i think it should give them more than 2 times for gauge proficiency of them ,correctly.

What dou you think about my opinion?
If there is an examination like I told you in your country, plz tell me about that and ur opinion too.

Thanks for reading !!!
Bob S.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:42 am    Post subject: Re: What dou you think about the entrance examination Reply with quote

yusei0902 wrote:
So i think it should give them more than 2 times for gauge proficiency of them ,correctly.

What do you think about my opinion?
If there is an examination like I told you in your country, plz tell me about that and ur opinion too.
I think that is a good idea. Some people are just not ready for university when they finish high school, but might be ready later. If they are willing to pay a fee for the test, they should be able to take the test as often as they need (maybe limit to 2 times each year?) until they get a good score. Why not?
yusei0902

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To Bob S.

Thanks for ur reply and that's good opinion!

In japan,,,,,all applicants who take first entrance examination pay fee ¥20000($1=¥106).
And people who take second examination pay ¥20000(national university) or ¥25000~40000(private university) to each university which take the examination.

It's also one of the ploblem of japanese system of examination.
It's too expensive.
And students have to take the examination more than 2 universities if they don't want to spend one year preparing for entrance examinations after he left high school.
It's a great burdun to students and their parents.

So I think ur opinion(until they get a good score) is tres-bien!
Bob S.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yusei0902 wrote:
In japan,,,,,all applicants who take first entrance examination pay fee ¥20000($1=¥106).
And people who take second examination pay ¥20000(national university) or ¥25000~40000(private university) to each university which take the examination.
And students have to take the examination more than 2 universities if they don't want to spend one year preparing for entrance examinations after he left high school.
So each university has its own admissions test? I didn't know that.
In our system, high school students take a national test, either the SAT (costs about $65) or the ACT (costs about $45), and you have the test results sent to 4 universities where you want to apply. You pay a higher fee if you want to apply to more universities. Many students re-take the test after a year to try to get a higher score.
Witch.Ting

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a Chinese student of Senior Two,I hate the college entrance exam !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Embarassed
yusei0902

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for lack of explanation.

Yes, both of university, national and private, has its own test.

People who want enter the national university have to take the examination more than 2 times at least.
First examination is called the national center test for university.
(In Japanese, it is called �center test�)
It is that I had explained.
Then second examination is held at each university after send the first result to each national university. Of course, if first result wasn�t good, it will be a handicap to them.

But if they want enter private university, they need not to take the national center test.
They need to take just one admission exam per case.

Averagely, almost all of students take 3~5 admission exams until they have good result and succeed in an examination.
As a result, it cost about one hundred thousand yen...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Opinions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: