Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kosovo now independent, when the Palestinian will be?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
k.m.m

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:14 pm    Post subject: Kosovo now independent, when the Palestinian will be? Reply with quote

If the Kosovars want it why not? States exist for the sake of people and not the other way around.
Many people said , Yes KOSOVA should be independent. That's the only way to stop misery in Europe. We have our rights .So our right is that Kosova to be Independent .
But ,why some countries such as Spain , Romania and Cyprus reject the independent ?

On the other hand lets pray for the Palestinian to have their own.

kmm
BourneNOIR

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Despite Serbia's rejection of Kosovo's independence, it has stated that it will NOT use military force to settle the matter.

China has always made clear that any change in status quo by Taiwan toward a similar goal will be met by military force. Why? If it weren't for the military threat, the U.S. wouldn't be such a hypocrite.

I guess Serbia is more of a man/country to settle things peacefully than China. One way or another, there'll be eventual realization that Communism and Democracy don't mix.

Best wishes for people around the world seeking freedom and democracy for a better future.

P.S. I hope this doesn't turn into a flame war. I'm just stating some facts sprinkled with my own emotional opinons. Look at it as propaganda and ignore it. I just need a place to exercise my freedom of speech. Thanks.
flying_pig319

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so confused- do Jordan, Syria, Lebanon not count as "Palestinian" nations?

You can use whatever words you want to sway public opinion, using the word "independence" to really mean "owning all land in the Middle East, including Israel, and wiping out the Jewish race", but this is deceptive and offensive to cases that actually DO deal with real independence, and those who know what they're talking about will not be fooled.
k.m.m

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so confused- do Jordan, Syria, Lebanon not count as "Palestinian" nations? <<<Three countries for one nation , how lucky to be a Palestinian !! even if the Palestinian want to have those countries , the whole world "including me " will refuse .. this is remind me Saddam equipping Kuwait ...

Still waiting for the Palestinian to have their independent state as every free nation on this earth, enough killing inesent people.

I recommend to announce the state from one side only like Kosova did .
too much waiting is useless.

flying_pig319, welcome back to the show.

kmm

welcome back to the show
flying_pig319

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If "Palestinians" don't want ALL the countries they already have to "count", that's their stupid business. However, no other race in the world wants to dominate the planet and wipe out other races the way the Arabs do, and most people do not realize this, so when they hear in the media that the Arabs have no land, they think the Arabs really DO have no land! The public never suspects that they already have plenty of countries, and they just aren't satisfied until they have all of them!
Bob S.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

k.m.m wrote:
I'm so confused- do Jordan, Syria, Lebanon not count as "Palestinian" nations? <<<Three countries for one nation , how lucky to be a Palestinian !! even if the Palestinian want to have those countries , the whole world "including me " will refuse ..
I think the issue is, those countries are also ethnic Palestinian countries.
If you go back thousands of years, during the times of Israelite kingdoms of Judea and Samaria, the Palestinians were limited to a small area of Filestine (or Philistine) city states. During the time of the Judean uprising against Roman rule, Rome destroyed Jerusalem and consolidated the kingdoms of that area into Syria-Palestina. It gradually grew to include what is now Israel and parts of the Kingdom of Jordan, Egypt, Syria, and Lebanon. After the fall of the Ottoman Empire, the British took control of this area known as the British Mandate of Palestine. In 1947 the British government gave up control of the Mandate to the U.N. which immediately divided it into Jewish Israel and an Arab Palestine (the Emirate of Transjordan east of the Jordan River having been given independence from the British the year before). Therefore, modern day Israel only occupies part of what was once all of Palestine, the remainder absorbed into the surrounding Arab (and Druze) nations.
So, since the surrounding countries of Jordan, Syria, Lebanon, et al have large ethnic Palestinian populations, or at least cousins to the Palestinians of Gaza and West Bank, F.P. is asking (rhetorically, not seriously I think because the answer is obvious) why are these countries not already considered Palestinian countries? Why do they feel a need to drive the Joooz into the sea to make yet another Palestinian country?

Quote:
I recommend to announce the state from one side only like Kosova did .
too much waiting is useless.
How many rockets each day do the Kosovars launch into Serbia? How often do Kosovar suicide bombers blow themselves up in Serbian caf�s? It's a lot easier to accept a new state if its foundation is not dedicated to the annihilation of her neighbors.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: