Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New seven world wonders

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hoshi

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 2:24 pm    Post subject: New seven world wonders Reply with quote

Hey! Why don't you vote for my country? Very Happy help us please just look at this http://www.new7wonders.com/nature/en/nominees/northamerica/c/CocosIslandIsland/
Bob S.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 12:13 pm    Post subject: Re: New seven world wonders Reply with quote

hoshi wrote:
Hey! Why don't you vote for my country? Very Happy help us please just look at this http://www.new7wonders.com/nature/en/nominees/northamerica/c/CocosIslandIsland/

You are too late! The voting was finished last year (on 07/07/07). The results are here.

Though if I were in charge of the whole thing, I would divide the list thusly:
7 Wonders of the Ancient World (things built before 1500 years ago);
7 Wonders of the Old World (things built from 1500 years ago to the beginning of the Industrial Age)
7 Wonders of the Modern World (things built since the beginning of the Industrial Age)
7 Natural Wonders of the World
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
-Robert A. Heinlein
hoshi

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was talking about nature Laughing

New7Wonders wrote:
The New 7 Wonders of the World campaign was a resounding success, in which more than 100 million votes were cast and which took democracy to a new global level. Now, the second campaign organized by the non-profit New7Wonders Foundation, to choose the New 7 Wonders of Nature, is off to a promising start: Some 200 nominations were submitted by some half a million people within the first few months of the campaign.

Call for Official Supported Nominees!
Nominations can be submitted for the New 7 Wonders of Nature campaign until December 31, 2008. Check the world map now to ensure that your favorite natural site has been suggested, then get in touch with local authorities to make sure they form an Official Supporting Committee for the nominee.

Vote for your nominee!
Voting for nominees will continue through 31.12.08. Then, a panel of experts will create a list of 21 candidates from which voters worldwide will elect the New 7 Wonders of Nature. The New7Wonders Panel of Experts, under the leadership of Prof. Federico Mayor, former Director-General of UNESCO, will select the 21 Finalists from the top-ranked Official Supported Nominees (to ensure the fairness of the process, the names of the Panel of Experts will be released after their decision has been made). The 21 finalists will then be put to popular vote.

garfield_jesse

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha Long Bay - The wonder of nature of Viet Nam still number 01 Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Opinions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: