Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I wnat to go to the USA!!!!!!!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel
View previous topic :: View next topic  
beancurdturtle

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it's a huge country, with a lot of nobody in most places. Smile

�Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.�
--Dr. Seuss
RedRose

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

beancurdturtle wrote:
What will you see or do when you get here?

I will see you and do you when I visit the US Razz

serdarhicip wrote:
I don't want to go there because the country is too crowded .Maybe there are lots of schools and beatiful see and more money,if you ask me I can recomment Turkey . Our country is very big We have lots of old places for example Dolmabahce and Topkapı palace, also our people are very friendly . Come and see

As for "crowded" is concerned, you certainly don't know about China, and Turkey is very big? I didn't know that. I don't think it's as big as the US. Either I or you used to have a bad grade on geography.
happy13579girl

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 9:49 pm    Post subject: I want to go there, too. Reply with quote

1. I am also want to go to the US. Actually, there are several reasons. Firstly, I am interested in American cultural, and so I want to visit it to feel the people, and beautiful cities in the US. Secondly, I am an English major and my oral English is not so good. And I want to go to the US to learn English and practice my oral English. Razz
dongweiplijing

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 10:05 pm    Post subject: Re: I want to go there, too. Reply with quote

happy13579girl wrote:
1. I am also want to go to the US. Actually, there are several reasons. Firstly, I am interested in American cultural, and so I want to visit it to feel the people, and beautiful cities in the US. Secondly, I am an English major and my oral English is not so good. And I want to go to the US to learn English and practice my oral English. Razz

why donot you go there on vacation? or you can go there for study.
dongweiplijing

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 10:12 pm    Post subject: Re: I want to go there, too. Reply with quote

dongweiplijing wrote:
happy13579girl wrote:

happy13579girl

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 10:49 pm    Post subject: Re: I want to go there, too. Reply with quote

dongweiplijing wrote:
dongweiplijing wrote:
happy13579girl wrote:

Actually, last year, our school offered us a chance to study in some universities in the US, but I missed that chance because my family can�t afford the high tuition.
But I will make effort to make my dream come true.
Next year, I will be graduated from my school and I am going to be a English teacher. I heard that some school offer free chance for English teachers to visit the US, so I hope I will be able to get that chance. And if not, I can work hard and save money and go to the US on my own.
Suzanne

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The United States is full of places to see, so when you are ready to come, be sure and ask us about the places where we live. The culture is not the same in every part of the country, so you will want to be sure and plan ahead. Even English is different; there are accents and expressions that are used in some areas, but not anywhere else.

You will have an interesting experience, tht's for sure!

Americans like to leave to visit your countries! I visited Rome last year, and this year, I will go to Turkey. I also like to learn about other cultures, and to eat new foods.
Bob S.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 2:02 pm    Post subject: Re: I want to go there, too. Reply with quote

happy13579girl wrote:
Actually, last year, our school offered us a chance to study in some universities in the US, but I missed that chance because my family can�t afford the high tuition.
But I will make effort to make my dream come true.
Next year, I will be graduated from my school and I am going to be a English teacher. I heard that some school offer free chance for English teachers to visit the US, so I hope I will be able to get that chance. And if not, I can work hard and save money and go to the US on my own.
With the dollar falling, you will probably find it a little more affordable soon.
But if the U.S. is too expensive, you might look into a work-study visa to Canada. You can study English and get excellent practice at a part-time job that helps pay for your school. And the school that sponsors your visa can help arrange a homestay host.
pdolivas

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:13 am    Post subject: coming to America Reply with quote

I just thought I should toss in my 2 cents worth on this subject. I have been to New York (NYC), and California (L.A). In my opinion, California only had decent weather and the ocean going for it. The people are rude, high crime, traffic, and outrageous prices. NYC is about the same, minus the nice weather. There are many great cities in this country which offer plenty of things to do / see and have a rich culture. Some of my favorite cities to visit are: Baltimore, Miami, Orlando, San Antonio, Las Vegas, Denver and Boston. I have lived in Denver and San Antonio.
play4him

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:20 pm    Post subject: Re: I wnat to go to the USA!!!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

[quote="caro"]hi!!! I'm carolina and I live in italy.....i want to go to UNITED STATES!!!
i love that and i'm trying to convince my family to go there for holiday....but maybe we'll go to greece....unfortunately... Crying or Very sad
however write me soon
love caro* Very Happy[/quote]

I am in the United States right now.
It is really good place to visit.
You should go to New York, Boston and Washington D.C.

However, I envy you traveling Greece and Itatly.
I hope I have a chance to visit there sometime.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: