Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Feeling sad...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LeBron

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 12:27 pm    Post subject: Feeling sad... Reply with quote

Hi there,

today I feel not good. Exactly I feel pretty sad and frustrated.
My emotions are turning unbelievably fast, and often. One day I feel absolutely great, the next day I think it�s the saddest day ever. I wish I could �control� my emotions so that they wouldn�t turn as fast as now�

maybe like an iceman, who has emotions as ice�

Greetings
Bob S.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 9:22 am    Post subject: Re: Feeling sad... Reply with quote

LeBron wrote:
today I feel not good. Exactly I feel pretty sad and frustrated.
My emotions are turning unbelievably fast, and often. One day I feel absolutely great, the next day I think it�s the saddest day ever. I wish I could �control� my emotions so that they wouldn�t turn as fast as now�

maybe like an iceman, who has emotions as ice�
Oh, I don't know. Maybe your emotions are a reasonable response to the given situation. Yesterday was a pretty good day for me, but today is starting out crappy, so naturally I am frustrated and grumpy. It is reasonable because of the many small bad events. If you are having many small or big bad events, you should feel sad and frustrated. You would be crazy if you didn't.
LeBron

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately even scattered little things like a stupid or inappropriate joke of someone or other things like those, which are actually absolutely unimportant, makes me feel bad as well...for a long time...

I often hear I handle things like those simply too important. It seems there's something true on it...
Suzanne

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Like Bob S. says, everyone has ups and downs, sometimes several times a day. Life seems good, then wham!--a terrible thing happens, or someone disappoints you, or you lose something...just about anything can destroy a good mood.

I'm wondering if there is something else going on that makes you feel especially sensitive these days. When we're stressed, or tired, it's hard to handle the everyday bumps in life.

I hope things are going to get better for you!
LeBron

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much.

Probably both of you are right that it's absolutely normal if I have a couple of bad days in a row.

I'm sure better days will come again. I'll try to make the best of every single day...
Anuradha Chepur

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually if you have some sad days in betwen, your happy days will be all the more happy.
LeBron

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well there's something true on it Very Happy
Bob S.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How old are you? Teenagers naturally have raging hormones that send your emotions in wild directions up or down (usually down). When you get into your 20's, things begin to mellow out as you mature and get a better perspective on life.
LeBron

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the present I feel much better. Some days ago I got the result of a really important exam for me and I passed it. I'm very relieved now. Maybe the uncertainty about my exam made me feel bad and uneasy during the last days/weeks?! Now the pressure is gone and I feel pretty good and relieved. By the way I'm twenty years old, I think most of the dilemma years in youth I already left behind.
Evangeline

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keeping feeling sad and frustrated is killing life! Razz

After having been ill for a long time and suffering menace of death,I came to a conclusion that to be alive itself is the best grace and happiness!

I am sorry to hear that you were sad and frustrated.I hope that you are feeling better now!
Anyway,I want to share some useful words with you:
Darkness may last for a night,but it will never overcome the light of the morning.When you are in a season of sorrow,don't be depressed,because a season of joy may be just around the corner! Very Happy

Be optimistic,and live happier!For being alive itself is the greatest happiness!
teacher-simon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you ever are feeling sad or down, try to get out of where you are that is making you feel those negative thoughts. Going for a walk can really help to clear your mind. Try to take some big deep breaths and forget those negative thoughts.
akasya

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasbad mood in this weekend Icant know why Question Crying or Very sad
Jenniferdu521

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't agree with evangeline any more!��to be alive itself is the best grace and happiness.

I am also happy to share another sentence to you: For the days strench out in an endless vista, we go about our petty tasks, hardly aware of our listless attitude toward life."��from Three Days To See

If you always feel say, just try to live each day as if we should die tomorrow.

Best Regards!
Jennfier
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Opinions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: