Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Who has any good idea to keep white in such a hot day?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Health and Fitness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jsj

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:02 pm    Post subject: Who has any good idea to keep white in such a hot day? Reply with quote

summer has come to us. i am always afraid of the dark color of the skin. does anyone have any good idea to keep white in such a hot day。
Lorikeet

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you able to buy products called "sunscreen" or "sunblock?" We have those in our country. It keeps the sun from hurting your skin. They have numbers to show how strong the sunscreen is, and a higher number is more protection. Oddly enough, many Americans think a darker skin is attractive, but it has been shown to increase the chances of getting cancer and wrinkled skin in the future.
Suzanne

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Lorikeet--if you can buy sunscreen, that will keep your skin white, and help prevent skin cancer. There are also clothes that have special sun-blocking capabilities. Don't forget to weat a hat! And sunglasses will help keep your eyes safe, too.

When I was growing up, everyone thought that the darker your skin could get--we call this "tanning"--the more attractive you were! Now, many people have wrinkles and spots from spending so much time in the sun.
biaobiaobojue

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:31 pm    Post subject: Girls should pay more attention on it! Reply with quote

Just like what Lorikeetto has mentioned that too much sunshine will increase the chances of getting cancer and wrinkled skin in the future.
But the most terrible thing caused by sunshine for girls is too much sunshine will speed the process of aging on your skin. I think it very horrifing! Sad I really want to stay young forever!!!! How about you?
jsj

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, We have sun cream in our country. Which one do you think is better and effective and not so expensive? Smile
biaobiaobojue

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you know the brand"mentholatum". It has a kind of sunscreen. I don't know how to say it in English. It's very comfortable to wear it and you won't feel covered by much oil like any other cheap sunscreens do. And a 100ml size only cost you 47 yuan. you can visit this website to know more information about it. http://product.danawa.com.cn/341009/pic.html[/img][/i][/quote]
LeBron

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where I life most of the young people are intentionally going into a studio called "solarium", to get a darker skin. Creazy isn't it?! Confused

So far...
LeBron
Evangeline

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Who has any good idea to keep white in such a hot day? Reply with quote

jsj wrote:
summer has come to us. i am always afraid of the dark color of the skin. does anyone have any good idea to keep white in such a hot day。

That is also what I want to know very much!

Anyway,don't be soooooo concerned about the colour of your skin!
To be darker is also charming,and the dark skin means health!

So just let it have its swing! Laughing
Lorikeet

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Who has any good idea to keep white in such a hot day? Reply with quote

Evangeline wrote:
jsj wrote:

That is also what I want to know very much!

Anyway,don't be soooooo concerned about the colour of your skin!
To be darker is also charming,and the dark skin means health!

So just let it have its swing! Laughing

Actually, the problem is not the color of your skin, but the effect of the sun's radiation on it. A bad sunburn, for example, can mean skin cancer as you get older. In addition, skin that has been in the sun a lot eventually looks older than skin that has not.
peterteacher

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't need light coloured skin to look beautiful! In Western culture a tan is thought to look healthy and attractive. Also your body needs to absorb a little sunlight through your skin to remain healthy.

Not too much though! Sunburn is NEVER good for you!
Rose_Geng

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:15 am    Post subject: Use cosmetic Reply with quote

To avoid getting black, you may use Stiefel products - SPECTRABAN. It can protact against harmful sunrays, premature skin aging,freckles and pigmentation on the face. SPECTRABAN can keep you skin white and healthy.
RedRose

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stay home, don't go anywhere, you can stay white
jerlinhuang

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I were you, I will use sun block and whiteing serum before I go to outdoors. If I have more free time, I will go to the beauty parlor. Beautician can repair your injured skins and teach you how to tend and protect by yourself.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Health and Fitness All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: