Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Do you like math?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Science
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Winkydragonfly

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 8:25 pm    Post subject: Do you like math? Reply with quote

I don't like math at all! Embarassed Embarassed
I am not good at it!Though my math is not so bad,but I really really really really hate it!
Especially math problems, Shocked Shocked I don't know how to do it.
When I do math work,I will always think that"Am I a foolish?If not,why can't I do it?"
As you see,how should I face the math?
And I am going to be a senior high school student,and math will be more difficult!And it is very very very very important!But I don't like it at all because I am not good at ait,even don't know how to learn it!
And it has become my biggest problem!
Who can come here and give me some good ideas to learn math?
Many many many thanks! Very Happy Very Happy
Winkydragonfly

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why? Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Nobody comes here?????????
My math.......... Embarassed Embarassed
aoikokoro

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Math, the terrible horror in the school... Many paople thik that...but....
Is not true!
Math is very easy, and you can be good at it, you only need patient, but a lot of patient.

Some ideas from me (I think I m a very very good student, the best in my class):

1.-You need to see the Math like it is, a logical subject with no objections.
2.-You have to thik this "I can do it, because I m a very good student"
3.-You have to spend time making more math problems, not only the class problems.
4.-You have to understand the problems a the method for the solutions, this isnt a memorize subject
5.-You must erase the next idea from your "powerfull brain": I am not good at it!
6.-Try to enjoy the math, at least like a method for exercise you mind.

Very Happy

Lisa Simpson
YeongLing

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 1:30 am    Post subject: My math grade always under 60.^^ Reply with quote

I can't understand math since now.
When I was elementary student I want to improve my math, so my parent had ever employed a tutor to teach my math.Few months later, Maybe my tutor was careful to me so I got a good grade in math.
But...
few years later, I always got a failed in math in junior high school, because math is getting to hard and complicated, so I give up my math and pay attention to other subjects.
Now, I still admire somepeople is excellent in math. Cool
faay

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you. i don't like it all. is not my favorite subject. Confused Confused Confused
jianhan1963

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 12:17 am    Post subject: Maths is very interesting course to me! Reply with quote

Hi,
I am so sorry for hearing that you are not good at maths. Embarassed
In my opinion, maths is very interesting subject. I like it very much and am good at it. The reason why I am so much interested in maths is that our maths teacher is very charming. She teachs very well and all the students in our class like her. You don't like maths and even hate it. I think it is a little unfortunate. You should look for a good maths teacher for you. I am sure that a good maths teacher will make you like the subject! I wish you will love it in the future. Embarassed
Bye
angelwing

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, I'm a junior in high school, senior next year, and I love math, I'm taking two math courses right now, Algebra II and Pre-Calculus. I'm going to take AP Calculus next year, and I'll probably even shoot for a math minor in college.

Yeah I'm a nerd. Rolling Eyes

Norm
Isabelle

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a master. My major is mathematics.
I want to tell you: just look at maths as other lessons, just it.
Everyone is not the same.
so maybe I like maths, you like English.
Maybe it is an interest .
I am Christian

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am one of the last in english language but I am one of the first in math and soccer.
Everyone has his weak point!
deanna

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I�m pretty good in math, when I was in high school I was one of the best in the whole school, I even was nominated with nine more students to participate in a contest with other schools in our county. Now this is my first year in college and I have one year without math because for my career I just need to take three math classes, but when I have time I help my brother with his homework, he is in 9th grade and he isn�t good in math, he needs to stay after class on Mondays and do some extra work to pass the class.

I think everyone has a special talent, maybe you can�t be good at math, but you can be very good in other things. Just do your best and then you will see that all you do have a recompense. Wink
hanako

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi.
I'm a Japanese student.
I'm good at Mathematics.
Some students like Math very much, and others like Sociology.
I think you don't need to worry about that you are poor at Math.
If you hate Math, You had better develop your strong point.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Science All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: